[v1.5/X:CE] Armoured Assault! A Vehicle Rebalance Mod

kabill

• 2 months later...
I get an odd problem....it's fixed when I delete this mod.

The screen that you use to change loadouts for you soldiers has no soldiers in it so YOU cannot change the loadout for the helicopter/shrike/etc or the loadout for the individual soldiers.

Saw and responded to your post on Steam before seeing this. Basically, I don't have any idea what might be causing the problem other than maybe a bad interaction with another mod. Only thing I can suggest if you haven't tried it already is deactivating other mods but leaving Armoured Assault on and see if there's another mod that's related to it too.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I just installed this mod but it seems that the "automatic weapon per tier" thing is just not there. I'm using XCE 0.32 HF3 with this.

I have a hovertank and a scimitar but they can only equip the three explosive weapons that are there by default.

Am I missing something? Did I break the mod because of my save? Do I need to restart my campaign to see the new weapons?

Edit:

I went on a mission with my Scimitar with MAG RAILGUN as a weapon. Surprisingly it's an automatic weapon now. How can I equip explosive ones?

Edited by xanieeee

It sounds like you have installed the mod mid-game. If this is the case, you won't be able to use any weapons that are unlocked by research projects you had already completed before installing the mod. Likewise, any vehicles built before installing the mod will have their vanilla stats.

As such, if you want to use the mod I strongly recommend starting a new game.

• 3 months later...

Huh, I've been using this since I started my CE .33/34 playthrough and it hasn't actually been working this whole time. I only have the default explosive weapons and I don't think any stats changed.

Does this need to be a specific priority with .34?

..or, does changing mod priority mid-game actually break mods? I think I did that to try and find a workaround for a default equip thing (explosive rocket being loaded by default instead of incendiary). Think that may have broken it, as when I loaded I couldn't click on anything in the geoscape... and now I'm at endgame with everything researched; great.

Never though changing mod priority could break a stackable mod; guess it does with Xenonauts.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Thank you for this mod that addresses a nice,  long-lasting Vanilla bug (Xenopaedia telling of Rapid-Fire weapons, and the turret launching single-shot, 3-radius AoE, incendiary "rockets" (for laser, plasma and MAG alike)!!!

However, I recently downloaded the X:CE Mod Pack, and the file 'vehicleWeapons_gc.xml' in "Armoured Assault!" still defines the MAGSTORM ammo as being "incendiary" (at line 115). Imho, it should be "kinetic", as the cannon spits a swarm of alien material needles.