[v1.5/X:CE] Armoured Assault! A Vehicle Rebalance Mod

kabill

Not really. You should get the updated stats and any new weapons tech you update will work, but you won't get anything that you've already researched (e.g. if you've already researched alenium explosives in game, you won''t unlock the alenium rocket launcher weapon).

So, I was using this, and I see the rapid fire weapons still gib the aliens? Was that intentional?

I pretty much don't use weapons that gib aliens, because you are throwing funding away- shooting with them actually costs money per shot.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, in case the overkill was not intentional.

There's not going to be an update 'til at least mid-late next week. When an update happens, I suspect it will only correct the overdamage issue on the non-explosive weapons and that will apply mid-game so you could use the mod as it is now and update later without problem, if you wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so I had installed the mod and went to play the game, but it didn't work properly because I installed it wrong, so I undid the copy, and started the game up, but i had lost the ability to build anything and I suspect that i wouldn't be able to pilot any of the crafts either, and all the subtitles and stuff were replaced with their folder names, is there any way to fix this? xenonauts is currently my favorite game and I don't want to lose everything that I had in it forever.

If you're playing with Steam, reverify the game files and that should sort you I think (in Steam, go to Xenonauts, right click and click on properties, then go to local files and click verify game cache. it will then check your files and download the missing/broken ones. Note that this might screw other mods if you've installed anything which overwrites game files).

Don't know about other platforms; might be a reinstall job.

(I'm assuming here that by "installed it wrong" you meant that you installed it over the vanilla game files rather than in the mods folder. If you meant something else, I've no idea!)

• 2 weeks later...

@BloodCow: Have you activated the mod in the mod manager in the game launcher? If you've followed the instructions in the OP it's the only thing I can think of that you might not have done (as the instructions were written long before the new mod manager came along).

A new game would be best as any items that should already be unlocked as a result of techs you've researched won't be. However, existing items which have been changed should have updated, so I'd be surprised if that was the reason why it's not working. Might be worth checking though.

(Hmm, actually, it might not update the stats of vehicles you've already built as well. A quick test you could do, assuming you're at laser tech or later, is go and load a ground combat with a vehicle with a pulse laser/whatever and try shooting. If you get a machine gun-like attack instead of an explosive attack it's all fine and you just need to start a new game).