Time speed is sloooooooooooooow

For whatever reason (I don't know if it has something to do with the latest steam build release) time speed go by really, REALLY slowly. In the fastest speed every day takes about a minute and a half to pass and its kind of boring when sometimes nothing happens for a while.

PS: I don't know if it's a feature or a bug but it was much faster before.

No, I'm playing the Steam unmodded game. Sometimes it works like it should but most of the time it's really slow (even the aerial battles are slow). Only the ground combat works as usual. I think it may have something to do with my PC (I'm playing at work with a very old PC, it's above the minimum requirement but still quite old).

XP SP3, AMD Athlon X4 640 3.01GHz, 3gb ram, on board video card Geforce 7025 / nForce 630a

It seems like Steam was the problem. When I open Steam in a window it appears fading on slowly and if I then open Xenonauts it'll play slowly as well. But if I start xenonauts without opening steam in a window (it's still running of course) it runs as usual. I don't know why steam does that but it's seems like it's not a xenonauts issue.

Thanks for taking the time to help me!