Integrate Kabills and Skitsos map packs with the game.

I have played few dozens of maps provided by Skitso and Kabill. I've also know that standard map pack in the game is very short on map variety. Therefore my personal opinion is that those map packs should be integral part of the Xenonanuts. They bring plenty of variety, are very well done and don't get bored after N'th iteration.

I don't know if the creators feel like it. But there I've made my opinion and it's up to the rest if it will succeed. There are probably lots of people who play the game but didn't even bother to either go here, or are too scared to install those maps or simply don't know how to do it, despite being it simply copy / paste.

Skitso's maps? Couldn't agree more.

My own? Not so much. Issues of polish aside (there's occasional bugs, albeit non-serious ones), they overwhelm the map pool which makes all the hand-crafting of other maps something of a waste. If there were significantly more 'proper' maps (to create a handcrafted-to-random ratio of around 1:2) I think that might work, but at the moment it's more like 1:10.

They're also quite different in style (or at least I think so, though it helps that I know which maps are mine). Including them by default, then, might be a bit odd as they'd be out of sync with the hand-crafted maps in that regard.

So for those reasons, I'd argue that they'd be better as opt-in rather than default.

(I'm hoping, in any case, that the issue of access will reduce if/when Steam Workshop support happens. I'll also look at hosting maps on other sites when I'm happy I'll not be updating them again with any kind of regularity.)

You're probably unaware, but number of Skitsos maps have already been included in vanilla.

Nope, wasn't aware. Strangely so, I didn't have to overwrite anything when installing his map pack

Skitso's maps? Couldn't agree more.

My own? Not so much. Issues of polish aside (there's occasional bugs, albeit non-serious ones), they overwhelm the map pool which makes all the hand-crafting of other maps something of a waste. If there were significantly more 'proper' maps (to create a handcrafted-to-random ratio of around 1:2) I think that might work, but at the moment it's more like 1:10.

They're also quite different in style (or at least I think so, though it helps that I know which maps are mine). Including them by default, then, might be a bit odd as they'd be out of sync with the hand-crafted maps in that regard.

So for those reasons, I'd argue that they'd be better as opt-in rather than default.

(I'm hoping, in any case, that the issue of access will reduce if/when Steam Workshop support happens. I'll also look at hosting maps on other sites when I'm happy I'll not be updating them again with any kind of regularity.)

I think you're being to hard on yourself. That 1:10 argument may sound solid. But I don't see any other map packs yet. Not reading any XNT updates for now so I don't know if they add something new.

You can`t have too many maps. And changes in style shouldn`t be a problem? Unless it breaks the game mechanics. I mean buildings and landscapes aren`t all made by the same person in reality.

I`ve been using Skitskos and Kabill and never noticed a difference probably because i expect to see variety around the world.