[X1.08 + X:CE 0.25HF] XENOPHOBIA- An addon mod for XNT

Wow really, XNT disabled the ability to change aircraft loadouts....well, I'm glad I fixed that then because it was pretty lame.

So you are taking my work which took hours to balance and made into a unique feature and you are implying that it was bugged/broken and lame (thus you "fixed" it).

Great job!

I've been playing the mod for a while for the last two days and as the update came out, I decided to go tweak some values after the whole M79 manufacturing price and duration thing. While looking at them, I noticed most new, non-XNT weapons, are really underpowered, overly expensive or otherwise inferior to the standard vanilla content.

Mainly the advanced ballistics, the advanced corporation weapons (Metalstrom, LasTek...) and all the melee weapons.

I know this has already been mentioned a thousand times and so on, but the point is that these items are too expensive/inferior that they're literally not worth manufacturing or using. Its not about realism either, its just these items are so unbalanced, that as a player, you'll never end up using them in the entire game, defeating the whole purpose of them existing in the game in the first place.

I'm doing some personal tweaks to the list that I'll be using myself in my playthrough, so I could upload that once I'm done, so that the items would be atleast worth using and manufacturing.

I state on the bottom of the main page you can modify the files and data as you like. I know not everything is complete, balanced and/or fun, so I encourage you do to so to tailor the gameplay to your personal liking. And yeah, I havent touched the "corporation" weapons in a longgggg time. I have plans to change the art out to better match the others and re-tune them, naturally it takes time.

Note to Slayerjerman, please provide info that due to the fact, this compilation/mod is dependant on the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 protected data files, this compilation is licensed under the same terms. And as far as the license is concerned, you may redistribute original XNT files if you follow the terms to the letter.

:o Kudos and thank you for that rather informative post. My intent was never to "steal" anyone's work, but rather get them all to be usable together. During the course of doing so, the mod morphed into a mixture of compilation and adjustments, which understandably some authors disagreed with as seen in the previous posts.

I will add the information regarding CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 to both the readme and main page as you suggested. It seems fair to do so although I already give permission for anyone to alter the data files I provided.

Again, thanks for the level-headed and factual posting. It certainly helped me calm down :)

Edited by Slayerjerman

This mod is hardmode. It's just impossible. Sebillian warriors with heavy weapons on the first heavy scout? Insta kill eggs that can shoot multiple people at once?

Nah, its not impossible, hard yes. The egg sacs are easily dealt with with long range weapons and explosives, even frag grenades do the job well. They dont instantly kill a solider, they just knock them out and you can revive them with a medipack. I think its just that they can be frustrating when encountering and not knowing how to deal with the little buggers.

The Sebillian/lizard warriors with the heavy guns are really a pain, I agree there. Thankfully they are pretty flimsy against stun grenades I've found and keeping your troops in cover and hidden as much as possible.

You playing on Veteran or higher? Perhaps you should try Normal. The game config settings also are increased from the standard vanillia game, so their accuracy, stats and weapon damage are much higher too. You can go into game_config.xml and change them as you desire and I recommend you do so if you think its too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by deghost View Post

Note to Slayerjerman, please provide info that due to the fact, this compilation/mod is dependant on the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 protected data files, this compilation is licensed under the same terms. And as far as the license is concerned, you may redistribute original XNT files if you follow the terms to the letter.

That's why we are changing license with new update.I think TD overdid it and it's our fault that we didn't put restrictions ....This license also says next:

These licenses allow the public to copy and distribute your work and require that you be given credit, and you can put restrictions on how your work can be modified or whether it can be used commercially. Keep in mind this allows anyone to use your work.......

If we did,this would never happened.Now I can't ask you to remove XNT completely sadly (but If you have respect and dignity you will follow your end of bargain)... we are far beyond that point however we will put mod under license which allows to control how are our assets used and thus prevent this from happening in future.Also there is one more thing that "hurts my feelings",I was the one who talked team into allowing you to proceed with this and I made dire mistake (honestly I was only one who supported you),they did too because when I asked them to put restriction they didn't,however what you are doing is disgrace and I regret moment when I though this could be good idea.

In the end we made one more major mistake and that's using this license because it allows too much freedom but at the time we picked to use it ,we never anticipated this.

Edited by Sentelin

That's why we are changing license with new update.I think TD overdid it and it's our fault that we didn't put restrictions ....This license also says next:

These licenses allow the public to copy and distribute your work and require that you be given credit, and you can put restrictions on how your work can be modified or whether it can be used commercially. Keep in mind this allows anyone to use your work.......

If we did,this would never happened.Now I can't ask you to remove XNT completely sadly (but If you have respect and dignity you will follow your end of bargain)... we are far beyond that point however we will put mod under license which allows to control how are our assets used and thus prevent this from happening in future.Also there is one more thing that "hurts my feelings",I was the one who talked team into allowing you to proceed with this and I made dire mistake (honestly I was only one who supported you),they did too because when I asked them to put restriction they didn't,however what you are doing is disgrace and I regret moment when I though this could be good idea.

In the end we made one more major mistake and that's using this license because it allows too much freedom but at the time we picked to use it we never anticipated this.

You heard Max, stop posting this here. This thread is not for this.

Yes, I am working on cleaning your assets from Xenophobia's archives because I said I would. So you should respect that and respect my wishes to keep your complaining out of my threads. PM me if you have a problem or start a different topic/thread. Last warning I am giving you and the XNT team regarding post trolling and harassment. So lets be civil and stop trying to bully me.

Also, I will continue to make compatibility patches for XNT and changing the data. It's going to happen and something you're going to have to get used to. XNT team can either be friendly and civil about it or not, either way, there's not much you can do about it. I dont take threats or rude behavior well, show some respect and receive some in return. That will go a long way to us getting along.

Nah, its not impossible, hard yes. The egg sacs are easily dealt with with long range weapons and explosives, even frag grenades do the job well. They dont instantly kill a solider, they just knock them out and you can revive them with a medipack. I think its just that they can be frustrating when encountering and not knowing how to deal with the little buggers.

Those viper eggs can be humorous at times.

Had one of my guys walk past a window of an unexplored building, when suddenly I hear glass shatter and my guy gets knocked out clean by some wierd blob I only saw for a split second. Once I saw the cause, I ended up demolishing the whole building with C4, as the damn egg had been sitting in a really hard to reach place.

Then another time I saw a Caesan inside a warehouse, so I had one of my guys flank him through a side door. The moment the guy steps through the doorway to take position to shoot the exposed Caesan, he himself gets flanked by an egg's reaction shot, which was sneakily sitting in the corner of the room, knocking out my guy flat on his ass before he could blink an eye.

Woha, woha, woha, Slayerjerman. I'm going to have to say something in public specifically because of this sentence

You heard Max, stop posting this here. This thread is not for this.
This is going to be a PSA.

It's important that people understand my role. I encourage civil debate. That is specifically what I asked for in my post. If people are going to debate things civilly, then I'm not going to get all moderator on anyone. I'm not a shield to hide behind. I'm not a weapon to threaten anyone with, nor is my colleague, nor, might I add, is the admin of this forum. I am impartial and I will consider things from a legal and factual basis in consultation with my peers and I will not slap anyone without extremely good reason to do so.

I strongly, strongly advise people to remember that the internet does not forget what you have written. Once you have written it, you cannot stuff the genie back in the bottle. There is always someone to hand with the printscreen button to take a screen cap of something, even if it's only posted for virtual seconds, and there are plenty of sites like imgur which will gladly act as sounding boards for controversy. Please think carefully before you write.

@Reactorcore: yeah they can be pain. on one of my first scout ship assaults i stacked half my men on the main door and half on the side ready to breach. once i breach i sent my first guy in... shield/assault... bam! egg in the corner knocks him out cold. crap, second guy i cant use a grenade as its too far in and would kill my knocked out guy, i think maybe charge him in and fire a couple burst rounds at close range. comes round the corner and bam! third guy, bam! fourth guy make it without any reaction shot... seriously how many reaction shots do these eggs have. well fourth guy unloads 2 bursts and shit shot.... resisted or low damage, next turn he got it... bam! lmao, owell its the way it goes.

@Slayerjerman: not got a clue what the XNT teams issue is, but im behind you and support you dude. i only use XNT because its required to use yours. alot of sneaky tactics being used, just keep calm dude and ignore them, just keep plodding along doing your thing.

@Silent_Lord

What? The game that you play here is part and mainly our desing.

You first talk about the Egg that we introduce to the game and then say "I only use XNT because you ask it to use".

Are you crazy? Dont you see that the game your playing is XNT itself?

Slayer is using XNT for himself, but XNT has nothing to do with Xenophobia.

This is one of the reason why I want to see my mod from this mess.

@Silent_Lord

What? The game that you play here is part and mainly our desing.

You first talk about the Egg that we introduce to the game and then say "I only use XNT because you ask it to use".

Are you crazy? Dont you see that the game your playing is XNT itself?

Slayer is using XNT for himself, but XNT has nothing to do with Xenophobia.

This is one of the reason why I want to see my mod from this mess.

It seems a tad unreasonable the amount of aggression that is coming from your camp.

Remember; you are not earning money from XNT.

As somebody who has been in all manner of mod communities before, you have to remember that yes, XNT is your brainchild, but its a brainchild adapted from Goldhawk's own work.

If somebody has taken it upon themselves to modify your own brainchild, and play with the assets a little, perhaps re-work elements, then be honoured by that fact. Somebody has been inspired by you, has seen the work that you have performed and considered it worthy enough to take the baton and run with it.

Isn't that a thing to be proud of?

If you are uncomfortable with that fact; then tact and discernment transcends the domain of anger every time. As a mod developer, part of the role is to behave in an orderly, measured manner when points of aggravation such as this one occur.

Just my two bits. :D

Edited by Crazyduck123

I originally fell in love with XNT because of the few new aliens/weapons/aircraft and the general difficulty of the mod. But I am also a lover of content and choices which XNT restricts greatly. The infrequent updates also seems odd from a team of over 5 or 6 people compared to what I can do as a one-man team.

My future plans include further distancing Xenophobia away from XNT. I already am attempting to do so as mostly I do not wish to be further affiliated with them for their recent aggressive behavior and attitude towards me and the modding community in general.

When I first started modding Xenonauts, they were nothing but helpful and kind, to which I thank them to this day. Which is why this recent outburst of aggression is bizarre and caught me off-guard.

Anyway, update 1.3.0 is coming, ive got TONS of new content, removed XNT assets (still requires XNT installed first, for now) and more bug fixes. I am even thinking I may delay the update further to add in the item descriptions people have been asking for. We shall see.

We make a lot of updates and we take time to test and balance carefuly each elementa to make gameplay coherent.

If you remove XNT assets why the mod still requiring XNT to be instaled?

I repeat, you dont ask for permission of use.

Get bent. I'm tired of trying to be friendly with you.