Xenonauts & Windows XP 64

Sorry if this is posted/answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find the answer to this. The game looks great, and I want to buy it, but does it work on Windows XP 64? X-Com: Enemy Unknown/Within didn't technically work, but there is a hex edit to make it work.

Just need to know, before I set down cash for the game.

Edited by Bombrik

I`m on that- works perfectly. i`m surprised people still ask this question since I`ve played pretty much every game on this system for years now (like GOG games) and even if by some fluke it don`t work Windows has the system that emulates older versions of windows, though i`ve never had to use it.

p.s. Wow a Dev that offers a refund? :confused: Man, I know some companies that could learn from this ethical stance. And honest about steam too. You just done gone up 100 points in my jaded eyes! :cool: I`ll be looking to fund future games of your just because of your stance.

Edited by Seafireliv

I`m on that- works perfectly. i`m surprised people still ask this question since I`ve played pretty much every game on this system for years now (like GOG games) and even if by some fluke it don`t work Windows has the system that emulates older versions of windows, though i`ve never had to use it.

p.s. Wow a Dev that offers a refund? :confused: Man, I know some companies that could learn from this ethical stance. And honest about steam too. You just done gone up 100 points in my jaded eyes! :cool: I`ll be looking to fund future games of your just because of your stance.

Well, asking cause Win XP 64 (The 64 bit version) has a history of spotty support. Many games and programs that work for XP, simply will not work with it. Xenonauts looks absolutely wonderful, and I'm eager to throw my money at the makers, but want to err on the side of caution.

That refund offer was just in this specific case, as we've never formally tested it in Windows XP ourselves so I can't be 100% sure it will work - just 99%!

Alright, purchased the game, tested it under Win XP Pro 64 Service Pack 2. Reporting full operational status on all modes (Geoscape, Interception, Ground Combat). Minor graphics tearing when I alt-tab back, but just on the options menu and then only lingering for a matter of seconds. Too minor a thing to worry about. Main point here: Xenonauts *WORKS*

Well, asking cause Win XP 64 (The 64 bit version) has a history of spotty support. Many games and programs that work for XP, simply will not work with it. Xenonauts looks absolutely wonderful, and I'm eager to throw my money at the makers, but want to err on the side of caution.

That's what most people don't know or get. WinXP 32Bit and WinXP 64Bit are two totally different things, especially when it comes to support and drivers. Back then 64Bit support was not really on any (MS Windows) hardware developers or software developers main radar.

Actually, I just bought this game from GOG.Com, and...I can't start it. I can start the Launcher no problem, but there's no options on the drag down menu for screen resolution. I can leave the Windowed Mode box checked, but whether it's checked or not...my game doesn't start. Doesn't even show up in the Processes of Task Manager. I have Windows XP SP2...I think. Whatever the most "modern" one is.

Uhmm...what gives?

Sometimes it stops working for my on my windows xp 32bit, says something about direct3d and inability to create graphics, and a simple reset would fix that. However, if that doesn't work at all, install some other drivers indeed. Also, some old beta from 1.5 years ago doesn't launch for me at all with the same error, while 1.07 works fine, make sure you aren't trying to run some version of the game you downloaded months ago.

Friends, I literally bought it yesterday evening. I have a...uuhhhh, Family Miles Graphics card? I don't know. Nothing recent, that's for sure. Windows XP SP3 Professional. I have no clue about 32 or 64 (not a serious gaming man, I just wanted fun campy X-COM) As for drivers...no promises there. I'll give it a shot.

I've tried updating to the latest Drivers...and it's saying it isn't validated by the manufacturer. Or some such. Additionally, I'm pretty sure my Antivirus (which I do not control, by the by. Funny setup up from living at home) is probably blocking efforts on my part to let Intel check my drivers. I'm thinking I'm screwed by this point. Besides, my discs are all at home right now. Half the country away. I may be forced to fall back to those to do any reinstalls. I'm surprised they even HAVE info for my Card anymore. Looks like I'm investing in a gaming rig now.

Also, uninstall all antiviruses because they are evil, disable firewalls and shit.

Not really, just McAfee is a bit ... well. If it decides to check a process you're currently using it can cause a lot of havoc. Ever lost a whole document because of McAfee decided: Oh, let's check that office process someone's currently working on ... and then kill it for no reason ... and remove the document aswell.