Mission briefings missing [v 1.07 from GOG]

Hi there.

I did my best to search through old topics, but so far I've seen nothing about this, so I'll ask.

I love the game and have been playing for a while now, but was surprised to learn that apparently there are briefings for ground missions. The closest I've gotten was a pop-up informing me that an alien officer was present on a mission.

This feature is still in the game, right? I'm using version 1.07 from gog.com. I installed the Lore+ mod and Skitso's map pack about halfway through my current playthrough, although I saw no briefings before or after.

Can anyone put me on the right track?

Edit: I feel like I should mention that I do see the debrief screen that lists soldiers lost, money earned etc.

The mission briefings only appear once per mission type in a game - so the first time you play a crash site, a terror site, an alien base mission etc (and the first time you play a night mission). You can also see it by pressing Esc and clicking the Mission Briefing button if all is working as intended.