FAO All Modders - Strategy Informer Mod 'Mirror'

kabill

So, I just got a PM from someone who works at Strategy Informer telling me that Fire in the Hole (and, it turns out, other mods of mine) have been made available on Strategy Informer for downloading.

Seems this is true of other people's mods too, see here:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/xenonauts/mod.html

I've no idea whether other people have been contacted about this, but wanted to highlight it in case anyone wasn't aware and - like me - isn't happy with this having been done without their consent.

Sorry chap, I can remove them asap, just we're offering a resource for people to host or download mods for Xenonauts as we think this game is great. So we wanted to help by offering our servers to anyone that wants to use them or view a simple place to download mods for the game. Credit is given and links back to this forum to help promote the community :)

Again, sorry, I can remove your mods if you wish. I did PM you about it :)

Yes, I saw the message and I've now sent you a reply.

Ironically, I might have been happy to use SI once my mods were at a stage where they weren't being updated all the time (and once I know what's happening with Steam Workshop support that's being worked on by GH). But doing stuff without prior permission is - for me anyway - not on, and I'm not especially interested in providing traffic for a website that thinks this kind of practice is ok. So, rather than encourage me you've actually done exactly the opposite.

Eh, its better to grab mods from the official forums and from the authors directly, but I have no issues with them being mirrored as long as the original link to the main thread is provided so that users can trace the files back to find the more update and supported versions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the same page with Skitso...I wouldn't mind if I was asked first before my stuff (which I've worked on countless hours) being posted...instead I was told it was already posted without my initial consent. It's really not cool for a website that supposedly "supports" modders to act with that kind of behavior.

Edited by Jsleezy