Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.26

Bug Report: The mod-loader doesn't seem able to replace files in gui/weapons. It can accept new ones, but adding in an image which replaces an existing one doesn't work and when the game loads the image it loads the original image instead.

Bug Report: Doesn't look like the mod loader can add in/replace sound files. It definitely merges sounds and sounds_gc correctly, but doesn't play new/replacement audio files.

(This might not be a bug so much as an unimplemented feature, mind.)

Everytime I try to install a mod from the Install New Mod thingy, I am getting the message that says the mod isn't a mod file! The mods for x:cesettings works though.

The launcher says 0.26HF Unofficial

The mods I have tried: Lore+Version1.8, Fire in the Hole v2.0 (XCE v0.25) and ECS v2.0 (XCE v0.25) all are zips.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? My game is 1.9. GOGs

Thanks

If you want the CE-compliant version of Lore+ you can get the CE-Enhanced Lore+ here. However, due to a problem which I am going to devote most of tonight to, you have to start a new game, quit out the the game completely then start another new game to make sure the Lore+ files are appended correctly (you can then carry on playing as normal). That issue is why I haven't put it up as a full version yet.

Additionally, every CE-compliant mod which uses llunaks modular installer needs a "modinfo.xml" file, which is why it isn't recognising it.

Edited by Max_Caine

What does the modinfo file need to contain? Could I just create one?

Doesn't need to contain anything. It just needs to be an xml file called modinfo. (Easiest way to make it is to copy one of the existing xml files, rename it and strip its contents).

Bug Report: The mod-loader doesn't seem able to replace files in gui/weapons. It can accept new ones, but adding in an image which replaces an existing one doesn't work and when the game loads the image it loads the original image instead.

What does use images from there? Whatever I try, it uses images from asserts/weapons/.

Bug Report: After finishing ground combat, the Icon of my interceptor that was in process of relocation vanished. The radar circles were still there. Reloading the save after GC did not created same issue. It might be also that I've loaded GC as first save after running Xenonauts.

@llunak - you sure HF2 changes only that freeze bug? It looks like Scitsos oppresive UI doesn't work as it should be after that patch. Some bars don't get grey, transparency is missing and there is no this darker border.

Edited by silencer

What does use images from there? Whatever I try, it uses images from asserts/weapons/.

The ground combat weapon-in-hand images use the gui/weapons folder. There's actually no reason why it can't use the assets/weapons folder either (you can specify the full file path and I know it works) so I'm not quite sure what the point of having them separate is. However, there is another folder in gui/weapons ('small') which has smaller images of items, so it might be related to that?

The ground combat weapon-in-hand images use the gui/weapons folder. There's actually no reason why it can't use the assets/weapons folder either (you can specify the full file path and I know it works) so I'm not quite sure what the point of having them separate is. However, there is another folder in gui/weapons ('small') which has smaller images of items, so it might be related to that?

I cannot reproduce any problem.

@llunak - you sure HF2 changes only that freeze bug? It looks like Scitsos oppresive UI doesn't work as it should be after that patch. Some bars don't get grey, transparency is missing and there is no this darker border.

I've already deleted the .zip of the previous version, so I cannot verify for sure. But .lua scripts require file replacing currently, so maybe you haven't done that again?

Bug Report: There seems to be an issue with the mod installer in some instances. For certain mods (e.g. FTD and Armoured Assault) it comes up with the following:

Error: unable to write on assets/mods directory.Check program's permissions.

It then gives an error message indicating that it can't open a particular file. E.g. from FTD:

can't open file 'assets/mods/FTD (2)/ufocontents\airplane.alien.assaultlander.andron.xml' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified

Note that the reverse slash (\) after ufocontents in the file path is verbatim. When trying to install Armoured Assault there's a similar reverse slash. Don't know if it's likely to be related, but thought it worth mentioning in case.

As regards the first error message, I've tried installing a different mod using the mod installer and it worked fine. So I'm not sure why it's saying there's no permission in this instance.

Edited by kabill