Xenonauts V1.09 Released!

This is currently only on the Windows Steam Experimental Branch and is very small update for V1.08HF - it would be the second stealth hotfix so at this point it is just easier to move the version number on.

It fixes the Soldier Equip screen crash on unassigning soldiers, which itself was caused by the hotfix for the issue where bases would sometimes display no visible soldiers despite soldiers actually being stationed at the base.

Please let me know if there are any issues with it. If not, we'll push out V1.09 across all platforms and services next week.

I've just pushed this out to everyone on Steam. If we don't get a flood of bug reports in the next 24 hours I'll roll it out to the Humble Store and Desura and GOG too.

@Blighte - that's usually caused by alt-tabbing. The engine doesn't like it when you do that.

my game has been acting very weird.. white space terrain in combat... day changes not notifying me of base improvements.. all kinds of crashes and hiccups... haven't had any problems other than the occasional crash before.

so far, i'm liking this game.

xcomer - can you try going into the Steam options for Xenonauts and validating your files? Or maybe deleting the game from your hard drive (not through Steam) and downloading it again? That often sorts out that type of issue.

As soon as I get home I'll give it a try but I remember from v1.08 that an injured soldier couldn't be moved when in the dropship screen, he was good above 50% but stuck in a position I didn't want him (or was her?) and refused to be moved to the side door.

I just thought it was a bit weird, not a bug per se... is it normal?

I found that (in1.07 atleast) you couldn't move any soldiers in a dropship while it's refueling. Could be that.

Damn I didn't check that -_- I just needed the extra manpower in that dropship but I was unable to move the guy so I just assumed it was due to the poor guy been injured but capable to take part in the mission.

Thumbs up to Chris and to the Italian guy, was he the A.I. guy? I haven't had much time to try the last couple of builds but I definitely noticed an increase in the alien's aggressiveness and now they properly try to flank my troops (wish they'd use more grenades though or suppressing fire).

EDIT 26.07.

Starting the game from Steam overlay works again - I updated the graphic drivers and Steam did 2 updates , no idea which helped.

A funny bug here. When I try to start the game from the steam Library ( PLAY button), the executable crashes at once.

At first i verified steam cache , then deleted the files (holy macaroni, over 60K of them) and let steam reinstall.

Using one of the exes( Xenonauts.exe or Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe) from steamapps directory starts the launcher without any problems, i also can play without any hickups.

I suppose that is guilt of my ancient system, but maybe you can use the information.

Crash information:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: xenonauts.exe

Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0

Anwendungszeitstempel: 53cb98b0

Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 6.0.6002.18881

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 51da3e27

Ausnahmecode: c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset: 00066462

Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: ce0c

Zusatzinformation 2: 94ba92c003939167c4275e9c6fc7affe

Zusatzinformation 3: 910b

Zusatzinformation 4: 87059b28b481682ec6f299eac3decd4f

Edited by Bonegnawer

Hmm, it's weird that it crashes running through Steam but works fine if you run the game manually - that might actually be a Steam issue rather than a game issue. I've never heard of it happening to anyone else either so I'm not sure how it could be fixed...

This is currently only on the Windows Steam Experimental Branch and is very small update for V1.08HF - it would be the second stealth hotfix so at this point it is just easier to move the version number on.

It fixes the Soldier Equip screen crash on unassigning soldiers, which itself was caused by the hotfix for the issue where bases would sometimes display no visible soldiers despite soldiers actually being stationed at the base.

Please let me know if there are any issues with it. If not, we'll push out V1.09 across all platforms and services next week.

good news !

• 2 weeks later...
I think a few not so big bugs have been found. Quite a few annoyances have been fixed in the community code too. Maybe we'll get a combined patch before they send the disks out. It's really up to Chris.

Integrating the CE with the vanilla game would be a great move. Along with skitso's map pack.