Armorer dude... this is NOT my assault kit! (1.07 stable)

https://www.mediacru.sh/7_iEvvzDhgL2 (unlike Cpl. Hicks, the aliens don't need to come to her for the "Eat this!!" treatment.)

This has also happened to other troops of different types, including my custom Grenadier. Basically, the kit that I've equipped vanishes and this one assault rifle+one or two magazines appears in its place. It really sucks to have a soldier kit take a critical wound to discover that the nearest medkit when normally everyone has a medkit is halfway across the map. It's also frustrating to be missing sniper rifles and flashbangs when the new guy misses.

Also, 700+MB (Apocalypse looks nearly as good using less than 32MB), massive frame lag in the industrial biome, especially at night, and the game never starts windowed when I tell it to (Alt-Tab makes the instance unstable.) A bunch of things that make me think "Release quality, huh?" The system might be old (Core Duo T7300 2.0GHz Meron-2M and GPU is Mobile Express 965 Crestline, shared 4MB), but it's not that old for a game with no 3D.

Mount Three b.sav

Mount Three b.sav

Mount Three b.sav

I understand the circumstances of this bug a bit better: Every soldier affected by it has a Crimson Heart. They are losing their kits (but not their roles) when they end up "Wounded" and thus removed from the roster. Can they please remember what they had so they can pick it up again if it's available?

It's not a bug. The gear is removed from them when they go to hospital, so that you won't lose your gear while they are recovering. They just don't auto re-equip when they can get deployed again (the equipment might not even be available anymore if you sold it/gave it to someone else/lost it on a mission). You just have to remember to re-equip.

The windowed mode problem has been well reported and the solution posted up on the forum for over two years, should be easy enough to find.

The industrial tileset framerate issue has been reported a few times and there was a fix being tested over the past few weeks, should go live shortly.

When your soldier returns from being wounded it is given your default loadout.

Sounds like a bug that if they are retaining their old role title though rather than the one they are currently being equipped with.