Can you stun androns?

Electroshock grenades deal regular damage to Androns, so they won't work, and my one attempt with batons ended in the andron still standing after I'd used about half my squad's TUs on beating it.

(More importantly, the game files don't include any 'stunned andron' resources - or anything to do with one if you did stun it - which strongly suggests that it's impossible.)

I haven't got Electroshock grenades yet, but I assumed they would shut down everything electronic, not actually damage it.

Electroshock grenade, (It's simply EMP. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse ) while releasing high voltage into the systems, also introduces heat. So electronic/electric equipment is damaged because of high amount of heat that causes melting of circuits. It's very simplified, so if you are interested, read more about effects of EMP :)

How do you get +10% dmg bonus against Androns if you cannot capture and study one?

I don't believe you can.

Yeah, i kinda want that bonus too, but what can ya do?

Edit: Oops, didn't see those 2 whole other posts on a second page. Man I feel redundant.

Edited by Sentinel

It makes more sense to me that the stun weapons can't stun them, whether through baton or electroshock grenade.

I would think that the aliens are sufficiently advanced enough to understand the concept of a Faraday cage, and the Androns being entirely synthetic, would have their outer 'skin' capable of grounding any and all outside sources of current or interference well before it would have any effect on the sensitive circuitry.

Basically working with the same principle that lets this guy fool about while getting struck with an arc of several thousand volts worth of electricity:

[video=youtube;QqEesFaboV4]

You could jab him with as many tazers as you'd like and it wouldn't do diddly.

Edited by Martian

Yeah, I found this out to my great disappointment. Also with the flying drones - you can whale on them, but it doesn't do diddly.

I had four guys break cover in wolf armor in the middle of a terror mission to try and capture one of the little flying drones. Amazingly, they all survived 2+ of those shennanigans, with no less than four Caesans shooting in their general vicinity.