regression

I think some of my troops are losing there skills, two shield guys with mag pistols, 100 accuracy, each go up to this a-hole alien and stand with one space between them and said a-hole alien and each one of them shoots the ground between them, that's four shots from point blank range and they missed all of them.

I've had weird occurences too. I changed the max accuracy from 95% to 100% and even with aimed shots (that showed 100% chance to hit), I've on numerous occassions missed shots.

Even had someone with 100% chance to hit miss twice in a row vs enemy 1 tile away. Sometimes the numbers are very odd.

To be fair, I've also hit enemies when I had only a 1 to 5 % chance to hit with far more regularity than I felt is normal.

If you check the documentation that comes with the game, you'll see that the maximum to hit is, in fact, 95% (yes, even if it shows 100%, it's really only 95%.)

Except that, as I stated, I modded the file config file to remove that cap, raised from 95% to 100%. Modding the file seems to generally work, as when I changed the maximum to 0% I was in fact unable to hit anything. But changing to 100% seems to still yield less than 100% (and even if it was 95%, I find it hard to believe that missing multiple shots per mission at either 95% or 100% a bit.. odd).

Yes something happends to this game accuracy calculations. Is annoying.. BUT this is not bad at all, because aliens are subjected to the same problem. What bring this kind of.... mechanic or bug? Tho flavor the combats to lot of missed shots and evasions instead of you kill me and I kill you, You kill me and .... so on.

Try to remember and you will find a piece of your memory when you watch a andron firing at point blank shot that only hit 1 shot.

xD

Try to remember and you will find a piece of your memory when you watch a andron firing at point blank shot that only hit 1 shot.

xD

Heck, I've had one that missed all three!

Also after a nights rest I've come up with another (also baseless) idea why you could miss with 100%. What if the RNG is set to hit if it rolls less than your to hit chance, but a roll equal or higher misses? If it works that way then if it rolls a 100, you still miss!

I missed 6 95% shots in a row last night. It would have been comical if the alien didn't just turn around and then proceed to kill the soldier making the first (Plasma Carbine) shot that missed 3 times. Then turn around and gun down another soldier with a rifle (in one shot of course). That was rage quit time for the night really.

This game can certainly induce Rage moments when you spent a hour on iron-man and one Hero-Alien decimates all your troops because, suddenly no one has the ability to hit at close range.

I keep imagining the Hero-Alien being celebrated on its planet back home, in Alien words: "Rejoice! This one of our brothers when surrounded and at certain death, shot and killed all 6 of the evil Alien-Humans because they were crap shots! When one of ours can kill 6 of theirs conquering their planet is a forgone conclusion! Hahhaaa!"

Now that would add something different. On one of your next battles you see that one of the aliens has a little medal icon hovering over it, showing that it killed a few of your guys in a lost mission. It's now tougher than it's peers, but will it be able to survive your vengeance? :)