This is what happened when I tried to capture an alien officer....

So I rushed in the Alien ship with 4 guys. Saw 3 aliens including 1 officer in the first room. My man toss a gas grenade and stunned a regular alien whereas the officer did not get stunned and gun the grenadier down. My other guys gunned down the other regular alien and spared the officer and hope he get choked by the gas during its turn.

It didn't happen. He grenaded my men and left them heavily wounded.

On next turn I shot the officer once, toss a gas grenade on the officer again and a heavily wounded man of mine.

Alien's turn. Gas grenaded exploded. Both of my wounded soldier and the officer get stunned. "Ok, 1 casualty. Not too bad," I thought. Then...

....Door opened. Exploded. I lost visual in the alien ship.

This is what I saw when my other man arrived:

2014-07-16_00001_zpse3f3bd51.jpg

I lost 3 good men capturing the alien...:mad:

dudes... I used that tactic alone, you need to send a rocketeer with stun missile, open the door with other operative (w stun granade ready) and make a clear straight shot. The missile alone will put anyone to sleep, the extra nade will do the rest... that, or almost 4 stun granades puts anything to sleep (spam them!), guaranteed.