[V1.08HF Ground Combat] Game Crashes in Loading Screen If Valkyrie Used as Dropship

I started this game in V1.07, and got to the point where I could build Valkyrie dropships. I built the Valkyrie and attempted to assault a crashed UFO. When the Ground Combat loading screen reaches 10% the game freezes and must be killed with Task Manager.

I tried again with V1.08, and no difference. With V1.08HF, now the game immediately crashes to desktop when the ground combat loading screen reaches 10%.

Please find the associated save file attached. Thanks.

Geoscape.sav

Geoscape.sav

Geoscape.sav

• 2 weeks later...

I appear to have the same problem. Using a Valkyrie Dropship for the first time and every crash site I send it to, the ground combat will start loading and then freeze at about 15%.

I have tried both validating the game files and a fresh install using the latest version, neither make a difference.

[ATTACH]5156[/ATTACH]

Thanks.

Mark 1.sav

Mark 1.sav

Weird. Can you try going into the game directory and manually deleting the /tiles/ and /units/ directory (i.e. don't do that via Steam), then revalidating the files again on Steam?

It's possible that might help. Deleting the game via Steam doesn't remove non-game files from the directory that might be somehow corrupting the load process.

Hi Chris

I've tried out as you suggested, namely deleting the /tiles/ and /units/ from the assets directory and then using the steam validate to reload the files. However the problem persists.

I'll try the save on another machine when I get the chance as well update my graphics drivers as I've noticed a graphical animation glitch for certain Sebilian type when using this machine.

Argh. These kind of issues are really annoying because it's basically impossible for us to debug them, since it only occurs on a few machines and we don't have access to any of them. If you do work out what is causing it then please do let us know.

I wonder if it's to do with the Valkyrie drop pod images? Try deleting the four "valkyrie" files in the /units/ directory and see if it loads then?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem as landlord but managed to find a solution :)

The cause of the problem was missing "valkyrie" folder in /assets/tiles/dropships - and validating files could not help with this

to fix this problem please use this Valkyrie Drop-Ship Fix by kabill http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11599-Any-Version-Valkyrie-Drop-Ship-Fix

Edit: My game version is 1.09 on Desura

Edited by Arturius
added my game version