Xenonauts V1.08 HF Released!

Well, i am willing to try Alpha or beta patches myself, all i want is the Option to decide myself no matter WHERE i did buy the game. There should be no difference between the platforms. Just provide a experimental patch in the Forums...

The official GoG Patch for example is 1.07 while the experimental is already at 1.09 meaning 1.08 is ready, isnt it?

No, 1.08 has actally been skipped (or better reverted) in official releases due it's problems.

If you're willing to be a guinea pig, you should read the forums with more attention. :P

Steam just make easier and faster for devs to release experimental patches, without hurting the "stable" users, than other platforms.

It's just the way it is.

Edited by LKx

If you're willing to be a guinea pig, you should read the forums with more attention. :P

Well, the Problem is i dont have the first Option as a non-steam User. Secondly i would like to use all mods which are mainly designed for experimental branches (see XNT for example).

Due to the fact you are locking out non-steam-game owners from experimental branch you are locking them out from most mods and that is a serious issue at least for me, downgrading my product compared to steam-game-Versions.

So i understand its easier to provide patches (may it be experimental or stable Version) by steam but i am naive enough to think that it should be possible to make the files (and nothing else is done in steam: add a few changed files to overwrite) available to public (or at least Forum registered ones).

Edited by Ozi

Well, the Problem is i dont have the first Option as a non-steam User.

This is like complaining that it takes several days to notify you about anything compared to email users who get notified within a day, yet insisting that you want to be notified using (paper) mail. Steam users having the option to get patches faster is a bonus, not a guaranteed service.

Creating patches for all the different versions would probably triple the time it takes to do an experimental release. It's not worth the time for us to release lots of tiny experimental patches on download services that don't have developer-controlled autoupdaters.

Well, i think the discussion leads to no Point. I just wanted to make clear that i dont like the fact that a part of the community has the possibility to get Access to beta patches whilest other dont. Use this info to your liking.