Xenonauts V1.08 HF Released!

This build is an update to V1.08 on the Experimental branch (click link for instructions to access it). V1.08 has not yet been pushed out to the Stable branch or any other distribution service. If this new build proves stable then it'll be released later this week. We'll do the Mac / Linux updates at the same time.

CHANGELOG:

• Reapers no longer have a 0x reaction fire modifier - i.e. they no longer always trigger reaction fire when sighted, irrespective of the current Initiative of the shooter (likely why the local forces were so good at killing Reapers).
  • Fixed a crash whenever people tried to access the Soldier Equip screen after a particular mission.
  • Fixed the crash when you tried to click-and-drag an item from one soldier's inventory to another in the ground combat.
  • Fixed a rare crash when a base was destroyed while a fighter jet was being transferred across to it (thanks Solver).

The only files changed are the .exe files and weapons_gc.xml - the latter has just had a reaction modifier stat added to the Reaper / Zombie claw weapon entries.

• Reapers no longer have a 0x reaction fire modifier - i.e. they no longer always trigger reaction fire when sighted, irrespective of the current Initiative of the shooter (likely why the local forces were so good at killing Reapers).

The only files changed are the .exe files and weapons_gc.xml - the latter has just had a reaction modifier stat added to the Reaper / Zombie claw weapon entries.

What value was selected?

Crash on game start. "Xenonauts.exe has stopped working"

Verifying cache.

Update: Validated but the game still crash's on start. This is the first crash I have had in ages, brings back memory's from years back. :)

Edited by Moonie

Fixed a rare crash when a base was destroyed while a fighter jet was being transferred across to it (thanks Solver).

Thanks for fixing this one! I can continue my game now. What happens to the plane being transferred, out of interest - how does the game handle it if you transfer the plane then immediately buy/start building a new one in that hangar, and there are no other free hangars?

Edited by hosser

Don't do that :P

The plane being transferred will return home when the target base is destroyed, but if you manage to fill the hangar in that timeframe, something weird will probably happen.

Guess what I'm going to go and try right now? :P

This map-pack is integrated into new versions of Xenonauts ?

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10980-V1-07-Skitso-s-Ultimate-Megamix-Map-Pack-2000

=======

also interesting add ..

Destructible UFO Hulls and Dynamic UFO Assaults

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10909-v1-06-X-CE-v0-21-Fire-in-the-Hole!-Destructible-UFO-Hulls-(v1-3-3)

___

do you plan to officially add it in Xenonauts ?

--

You have to sign-up for the experimental branch on Steam.

What if you`re not on Steam? I got mine through Steam on that humble thing (I actually very rarely touch Steam) and it allowed me to install without Steam which I was really glad about.

But is there a separate way to download and install? Like just pasting a direct link?

So if i dont buy steam i am a 2nd grade user? Sorry but i am quite unpleased with that. You got the same Money from me than from everyone else and now i dont have the same Access ro patches as steam users. If i could i would trade in my gog Version for a steam Version but thats not possible and although i appreciate every work you do i am really a little upset (mostly because this policy locks me out from a lot of mods)....

Wheres the Problem in sharing a link for patches?

If you pay attention to these forums, you'll have seen that 1.08HF has been reverted not once but twice, because it was causing more problems than it fixed. Is that what you're after? A patch that messes with your game so you can't play it?

EDIT: The gamers on Steam are not an exalted clique that pushes you out into the cold. They are guinea pigs that are used to see if patches work as they're supposed to.

Edited by Max_Caine

Well, i am willing to try Alpha or beta patches myself, all i want is the Option to decide myself no matter WHERE i did buy the game. There should be no difference between the platforms. Just provide a experimental patch in the Forums...

Edited by Ozi