Activate unused content.

br54

While I was looking through the games content I found a lot of unused items. The DHVRL for example. Is there any way I can activate things like that? I mean it's got an animation for all the units and armors. It would be fun to have another rocket launcher to use. :)

Well if the animations are all there, you could always take the current rocket launcher in the weapons files, duplicate it, and have the new entry point all of its animations and images to the DHVRL files. Trial and error are your best bet, just back things up and don't be afraid to break things to see "Why"

What if the DHVRL is in the weapons file? If you scroll all the way down it's under "Unused weapons" It has damage and everything set up for it. Would I just copy and paste it in the active weapons slot? And if so what about the research tab. How would I research it during gameplay? Sorry I'm still new to this.

What if everything is there? The rocket launcher is in each file you told me to look at. It's in manufacturing researching weapons and ammo. The only thing I can assume is that the research for the rocket launcher was disabled. :\ Should I still treat it as a new weapon?

What if everything is there? The rocket launcher is in each file you told me to look at. It's in manufacturing researching weapons and ammo. The only thing I can assume is that the research for the rocket launcher was disabled. :\ Should I still treat it as a new weapon?

Yes - because by going through all the steps, it will be possible to find whatever it is that makes it not activated, if you see what I mean (some of the entries for it might be incomplete, or following a defunct format).

• 1 month later...

Time to reanimate this thread: has someone made a mod that brings back more unused content? I guess I'm not the first to ask this, but one thing I'd like to use specifically is the flamethrower which has lots of unused entries already.

If someone can point me to a mod making it available I'd appreciate it a lot :)

Mikhail Ragulin's Magnum-Nauts has flamethrowers, but not as a standalone (I think XNT reintroduces the flamethrower as well)

My Expanded Armouries mod uses the DHVRL assets but I have no idea whether it's even close to what that was supposed to be.

Otherwise, I don't think so. I really depends on what content is being referred to exactly.