(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

Armors don't really work that way.Each armor has pre-defined resistance to various damage.Depending on value of resistance and from what kind of damage soldier is hit armor "breaks" at some point but you are only vulnerable to that damage while you still have resistance to other types of damage.For example enemy broke your "kinetic" resistance and you are vulnerable to physical/ballistic damage,however you still have some protection against chemical,energy ...but if enemy throws at you grenade or hit you with weapon that has capability to apply degradation on your armor all resistances will slowly start to suffer until it "breaks"

Simple put this most likely possible but it requires to be done within source code,however challenge would be how do you separate various information and make it clean and simple to read and understand.

Guys I can see that people are downloading patch but since no one reported any problem so far I am assuming that everything works fine then.I will leave it as experimental until end of this week and then upload it as official and most likely last update you will see from us.

Edited by Sentelin

There is big chance that it is going to be "last last" after everything that happened with Xenophobia and before that (though Xenophobia conflict is to be really blamed for this),unless you convice TD otherwise (I gave my best but I think he made up his mind)

Edited by Sentelin

Guys dont give up. This mod has huge potential. I know many ppl are complaing but it becouse they dont know how to express their opinion in any better way (sad but true).

Guys take a break and dont leave such a wonderful project.

Glad to hear that. I can see the need for a break though :)

And if the complaints come again: Always remember: There are developers out there there that work full time on their games, ask 40 , 50 or more bucks for the game and have a higher bug density!

So who can really blame a mod developer doing this in their free time for a handful of bugs?

Hi there, first time posting.

Okay first of all, I love this mod. xenonauts in itself is alredy huge but this mod and xenophobia adds so much to discover its unreal.

Also the love that was put into it to fit into the lore is amazing.

So much for that. I have 2 question/problems.

1) Currently Vipers (the bigger ones) are driving me borderline insane, I usually make it to advanced ballistics until I encounter them and from that on I usually have only those things on my crashsite, left with no other option but to retreat. To be more precise, my weapons cant penetrate their armor, and yes I know the armor degrades over time, but until the time I'm finally doing damage my squad is alredy wiped, so are there any tips the community can offer me. That would be really nice. Btw. Androns represent a similar problem to me but not as much as vipers.

2) Because of point 1) I've started a new game on easy, but heres the thing, with that new campain every time I'm trying to kill an reaper or the zombiefied hosts (I'm not sure if it are Gargols) my game crashes.

I'm using v5.31 firebat + hotfix 2, xenophobia 1.3 and the randommappack.

I alredy deleted my whole xenonautfolder and did a clean reinstall in the correct order.

xenonaut -> XNT -> hotfix -> xenophobia. But the bug remains. I didnt try to start a new campain thus far.

Thanks for any help in advance and again Kudos for making this great mod.

Edited by QShadow

Well as I said complains are one thing but "Xenophobia disaster" really drained us.During this time I learned few things.People care enough for our mod to make comments but not everyone does it in that way we prefer and a lot people plays and enjoy without posting feedback (otherwise insane traffic of 40k + downloads wouldn't exist if that isn't the case ), however I learned how to tolerate this so did TD (hopefully ) and I will give my best to suppress outburst like last time when break is finished.

@xenon00bs

I don't know give a try and see for yourself.I think it shouldn't break saves but you never know.

@Qshadow

Can you try this GC mission without Xenophobia ? Because I want to see if it's problem with our mod or Xenophobia (most likely Xenophobia).If the problem still persist even without Xenophobia,upload save so I could locate problem quickly,if it doesn't report this back to Slayer (we are no longer obligate to support his mod).

Edited by Sentelin

Oh you can read all about it here:http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11741-Modding-Rules-Discussion

But what is done it's done.This conflict is over and it should stay that way ...collecting dust.No one will benefit if someones try to ignite this once again,so read it if you missed it but please don't do more than that.

Edited by Sentelin

Just my two cents to say that the XNT 5.33 + CE 0.26 is a godsend, and I prefer much this version than XNT5.31/CE0.25.

I haven't seen any problem so far and this mod bring so much new stuff to the game that is really cool, thanks for you work!

I think somone mentioned that before- but I am not sure- and again I may pi.. o.. somone but I tryed first time to build rocket luncher for the hunter and during build time if I enter garage game crashes, if u cancel build or finish it that all is ok. It small thing but its more for somone who may have a problem encoutering this bug then for fixing- I had to cancel build of RL to add vehicle to droopship, so others can know what to do.

@Sentelin

I was playing 3 months in game time without hunter, just recently build one, so want to confirm that its ok when vortex gun one shot the full HP hunter?

Just press EOT if u wish to check and full hp hunter will recive around 20 damage then last alien will one shot him each time.

gc2.sav

gc2.sav

gc2.sav

Edited by Alewalek

Hi guys,

Want to bring you another critical bug found after applying the latest experimental 5.33 patch.

In an attached savefile if you try to throw a frag grenade to middle entrance between bushes - the game hangs and can only be terminated with task manager. Doesn't crash if throwing flashbang, nor if you throw frag into some other place. Doesn't matter which operative throws too. Wasn't able to test it without the latest patch since after I remove it I can no longer see my problematic savegame.

Wanted to make a screenshot, but not succeeded in this. Oh, and 'window mode' specified in launcher does not work - game starts fullscreen even if set to lower resolution. Will have to draw this in paint instead :)

grbug.jpg

And another non-critical bug since I'm already writing here - in different games alien assault or heavy plasma (don't remember exactly) sometimes drops with 500/500 ammo. At the end of the mission this gives you an additional ~$250k for plasma batteries. This one was before latest patch, not sure if was fixed.

Using xenonauts 1.9 + XNT core pack + experimental patch 5.33 + random-maps pack farm edition.

Savegame file

grbug.jpg

grbug.jpg.f66202e5632856cce19bf7a27dd339

nd another non-critical bug since I'm already writing here - in different games alien assault or heavy plasma (don't remember exactly) sometimes drops with 500/500 ammo.

This was mentioned before dozen times and it's vanilla problem and I have no idea if it's fixed or not.

As for critical bug did you experience anything like this :http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11756-Xenonanuts-hangs-when-blowing-up-the-hedges-with-rockets

Because this seems common problem for CE 0.26 users.

I was playing 3 months in game time without hunter, just recently build one, so want to confirm that its ok when vortex gun one shot the full HP hunter?

This happens very rarely.95% of times Vortex doesn't do any damage to vehicel .

Edited by Sentelin

This was mentioned before dozen times and it's vanilla problem and I have no idea if it's fixed or not.

Uh sorry, I wasn't following bug threads.

As for critical bug did you experience anything like this :

Judging by the description I guess it may be the same problem, though I've never tested rockets. What does XCE stand for? :)

RPG Sulfur love and hate post:

Damage great and looks pretty good for taking big ones.

But:

1. When you give a new sulfur to soldier - it is not loaded with ammo and if you forget about it you start mission w/o ammo :)

2. Sulfur love to hit obstacles in square right near soldier. Why sniper can shoot freely from corner of bus or automobile but rpg love to hit on nose.

3. When you shoot with sulfur at critical far range - sometimes rockets are not shown at all and nothing happens. Sound of shoot go, ammo dissapear but no hit sound and no boom at all.

p.s.

Aliens reaction fire when soldier go teleporter ... seems old story of bugs - again game freeze.

Big vipers are make fear even for primary best squad - so until you get great grenades - you can only run :) but they are not soo often so its not a problem at all. Play on hard.

Install "Kabill's Fire in the Hole!" and really regretted it. In some medium ufo aliens shoot from second floor to my squad on first floor and i cannot shoot at them at all. I'm just dont see them but they see me clearly. And grenades thrown on second floor love to hit my squad waiting on first floor. Rrrr. Madness.

Bug with game freeze with egg happens some times and with all eggs dead but zombies on ufo ... uncool.

But cool when you feel strong to kill big viper and go free city from aliens ... and three big ones attack you - hehe feel fear :)

Edited by Dimitry