Cant seem to get my foxtrots to evasive roll, can they?

3 heavy fighters patrols are killing me. They are untouchable.

For 3 Heavy Fighter patrols you really need Corsairs; it's doable with one Corsair if you are careful.

Foxtrots vs Heavy Fighters will get eaten alive; Foxtrots are terrible air superiority fighters

The 3 heavy fighters are imho the hardest battle you will normally fight, but it should be doable with any 3 craft, if you have enough fuel.

Heavy fighters have two weaknesses:

They can't hit a target that is circling around them (their shots will pass behind your fighter - you might need to use the afterburner with condors for this to work) and they have a REALLY slow turn rate. Once you are behind them, they can no longer harm you.

The idea is basically to circle around the heavy fighters (this takes some practice, as you slow down if you turn) with the aircraft they are targeting, and get behind them to clean them up.

Corsairs are so fast and agile, they can completely outmaneuver heavy fighters by themselves.

Heavy fighters are extremely strong, I was surprised that the following air superiority class of the aliens is almost completely harmless.

The 3 heavy fighters are imho the hardest battle you will normally fight, but it should be doable with any 3 craft, if you have enough fuel.

Heavy fighters have two weaknesses:

They can't hit a target that is circling around them (their shots will pass behind your fighter - you might need to use the afterburner with condors for this to work) and they have a REALLY slow turn rate. Once you are behind them, they can no longer harm you.

The idea is basically to circle around the heavy fighters (this takes some practice, as you slow down if you turn) with the aircraft they are targeting, and get behind them to clean them up.

Corsairs are so fast and agile, they can completely outmaneuver heavy fighters by themselves.

Heavy fighters are extremely strong, I was surprised that the following air superiority class of the aliens is almost completely harmless.

I'm actually surprised to see you say that...I've always considered the heavy fighters a cakewalk, but granted, I've been careful to always send a corsair against them, and that makes for a very easy fight.

Just start by going to a point to the left of them so they turn to intercept you there, and then shortly before reaching their weapons range, turn the other way and head right - they'll get a few missiles off as they try to turn back again to keep you in their firing cone, but the corsair is fast enough that you don't even need to roll to evade them. As soon as you're out of their firing cone, which happens very quickly, you just circle around them and close in and slaughter them all.

The same tactic should work with a condor too although you may need to use afterburners and it might not have enough ammo/missiles to take them all out, but yes, Foxtrots will fail.

The only times I fail to take out a squadron of heavy fighters with a corsair is when it started with limited ammo from a previous engagement.