Xenonaut Choices MOD - Part 1

aajs

HHHmm this is very weird, I just played a level completely vanilla plus my mod (No maps) and it crashed at the end of the mission.

Its strange because this part (1) of my mod is only changing weapons.

I am reworking the Alien weapons to see if that is causing some kind of issue.

All the crashes I had were directly related to soldiers dying (no deaths=no crash), so i thought it might be related to how the game recovers dead soldiers' equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have fixed the crashing at end of mission bugs, I have completely reworked the way enemy weapons are recovered from battle.

This seems stable I have tested it all the way to the end of game without crashing.

However I am closing this thread as Part 2 is now ready.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Back from some time away from this.

I have started converting my old "Xenonauts choices" Mod part one to be modular.

Previously when I left off modding this my Mod and it ended up in the Xenopedia Mod bundled with a whole lot of others.

However, when coming back to this game a couple of weeks ago, I decided to play the Xenopedia Mod and although good (buggy but good) it kind of lost site of my mod in the crowd.

So I am bringing this mod back as a "part one" which will update the weapons and items and manufacturing of those.

The weapons will all have to be manufactured (For the die hard gamers) but with sufficient quantities to get started (for those wanting a more casual approach).

That will be it for part one. That will keep it modular enough for people to still include other peoples Mods without breaking anything.

Its going to be a few weeks as I walk all my weapons sorted and rebalanced and all with a nice Drag texture. So if you want a whole bunch of soldier equipment and weapons added then hopefully this will be the mod for you.

The weapons I added all have a separate function and either provide an extreme version of existing weapons with a counterbalance hindrance, or they are a half way house between two existing weapons. This part of my Mod was originally designed to allow Ballistic weapons to be viable right to the end of the game, making the other types of weapons like lasers etc an optional choice rather than a necessity.

Its certainly not a new concept, but hopefully as a modular mod it should be a nice option for some.

I will be releasing other parts of my "Choices" mod in due course as modular as well so people can more easily leave out the bits they do not want. This Mod will not modify the stats of any existing weapons, so including the Mod will add additional weapon research and manufacture options that will none of which actually require to be followed. As the title suggests it just adds extra choices.

Edited by aajs