Various Camo Paint Jobs for the Hunter

Gazz: I think for gameplay it would automaticly reskin to the apropriet camo fir the tileset? Either that or you'd have to remove the modifier so people can just go with the one they think look coolest.

Slambus Rodan: What modifier are you talking about? detection or accuracy? It's pretty big I dont know if I think cammo should acctualyl affect its visibility logically or for gameplay reasons.... Do you think it would somehow balance the gameplay better if the vehicle was harder to hit? Or is it just "that would be cool"? (not critizising just trying to figure out what motivated the suggestion)

Different camo skins sounds like a low priority thing for chris. Most likely its going to be left to modders to do that. I guess you can ask in the modding whish list (in the modding section) if there would be any possibility to have the game autochange skins on vehicles (and solderis if anyone ever spends enough time on them =P) depending on tileset. Or about repainting them manually in base. Which ever you prefere.

I'm not really sure how one would characterize it beeing harder to detect. Right now there isnt anything hidden within line of sight. I'm not aware of any intended changes to that so the mechanic just isnt present in the game.

Besides, isnt it rather big, loud and stick out in any enviroment? Shouldnt be that hard to spot it in an urban enviroment (which quite frankly is ordered and somewhat sterile in comparisment to others) just because of some camo and in every other enviroment it will leave tracks and disturb the undervegitation

Yep, im sure in a true battlefield you would know where it was before you could see it.

remember just becouse it seems to stop every turn it really doesnt unless you leave it unmoved.

movement is actually continuous between turns and its noise would be a big give away.

Tbh I prefere to think they they do take a break and let the others have their turn to lollygag. Kinda like the brittish in the Asterix and Obelix cartoon/movie. "What? They are invading now? Don't they know it's teatime? Barbarians! I won't do anything untill after I've finished my tea! Got any crumpets?" (paraphrased)

Edit: I think they acctually stopped in the middle of a battle at the sound of a bell or something to the surprise of their opponents. I don't really recall the specifics or what the name of the movie is.

Besides, isnt it rather big, loud and stick out in any enviroment?

Weeeell, the point of the paint job is not to hide a tank at a 100m range.

At 2-3 km, camouflage can be quite effective if the tank isn't moving.

At the engagement ranges in Xenonauts it's really just for looks. =P