How i meet Rambo in Xenonauts :)

So recently i had this funny experience : It was a standard ufo mission, and during first turn i heard some bullet gun fire from some nearby barracks (it was the military base map). I decided to hurry up to help them, but got hold up by 2 aliens for like 4-5 turns and tought "Sorry man, cant help, at least you died fighting the enemy". To my amazement when i finally arrived and entered the barracks i see one reaper corpse , one sebilian corpse, and the soldier-alien-killer, unfazed, just going on , gun rdy, patrolling . I was like "wow this must be John Rambo , you attacked the wrong base alien scum :)".

No idea how he done that, maybe the aliens were wounded before by some of his colleagues, was quite funny.

So recently i had this funny experience : It was a standard ufo mission, and during first turn i heard some bullet gun fire from some nearby barracks (it was the military base map). I decided to hurry up to help them, but got hold up by 2 aliens for like 4-5 turns and tought "Sorry man, cant help, at least you died fighting the enemy". To my amazement when i finally arrived and entered the barracks i see one reaper corpse , one sebilian corpse, and the soldier-alien-killer, unfazed, just going on , gun rdy, patrolling . I was like "wow this must be John Rambo , you attacked the wrong base alien scum :)".

No idea how he done that, maybe the aliens were wounded before by some of his colleagues, was quite funny.

I love those moments. I've arrived on scene to find a pile of aliens corpses around an angry farmer with a shotgun before.

It's to bad after a mission like that you can't just straight up recruit said soldier/farmer/militiaman directly into your forces providing you had living space available.

I'd like to see this added to the game, along with the "civvy-hearding" option a few people suggested way back when. Maybe even a pop-up at the end of a mission where an NPC can ask to be allowed to join up (based on random chance / their morale at the end of the mission / how many aliens they killled ).

During a terror mission I've encountered a soldier, who was keeping assault-type Sibillian trapped inside the building and suppressed for a couple of turns. In the end, when that thing rushed for my guy that heroic anon slaughtered it down with a burst reaction fire. I was like 'can I have you in my team, mighty hero?' :D

Sometimes local forces do wonders. Even if they don't - one more dead/suppressed enemy is always a good thing.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/778309814705049897/631E9A89B57EE0A1009CA70FAA452CEE34E73797/

I've once had to deal with a couple of Reapers on the loose. One ran into the office building while the other charged at my guys. It took 3 of my soldiers to take that single Reaper down and I had then ended my turn, forgetting that the other was still at large.

To my alarm, the other Reaper came out of the office building from the side door and was heading straight for my guys. I was just about to give him up for dead when the police officer you see in the picture shot it twice, with his pistol, killing it on the second shot. At this distance, local forces usually can't hit anything, but this policeman saved my soldier's life that day.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/778309814705049897/631E9A89B57EE0A1009CA70FAA452CEE34E73797/

I've once had to deal with a couple of Reapers on the loose. One ran into the office building while the other charged at my guys. It took 3 of my soldiers to take that single Reaper down and I had then ended my turn, forgetting that the other was still at large.

To my alarm, the other Reaper came out of the office building from the side door and was heading straight for my guys. I was just about to give him up for dead when the police officer you see in the picture shot it twice, with his pistol, killing it on the second shot. At this distance, local forces usually can't hit anything, but this policeman saved my soldier's life that day.

Lol nice , prolly Detective John McClane.:)