Mobile Infantry. Would you like to know more?

saborw

fFF2DA2.jpg

Young people from all over the globe are joining up to fight for the future.

They're doing their part, are you?

Starship Troopers. A Sci-Fi Classic about politics, war, infantry, and aliens, and a great action flick from the 90's. What better fit for the Mobile Infantry to make a small appearance than Xenonauts?

This is a small visual replacement only mod for the Jackal armor in the loadout screen, and the Jackal Armor for your squad while in ground combat. There is a second link to a blue version for the loadout screen that does not include the changes to ground combat units below the main download. I know some people would rather keep the blue, or not download 300 megabyte for such a small change Due to the nature of how Ground Combat units are built (Many small images for every animation at every angle with every weapon) The file size is quite large at 310MB)

Some screenshots for you window shoppers of course:

CHobKQW.jpg

RDIpXlc.jpg

I don't know if I will take this further and add more MI related changes, such as ranks or replacing the M16A1 with a Moreti rifle or not, but if I do I will update this thread with new links

I'd like to thank Jsleezy for giving me permission to use the changes I made to his excellent Real Armor's Mod, which you can find Here . Highly recommend it as it adds a huge increase in quality for a part of the game you do spend a lot of time in

DOWNLOADS

Full Version (Loadout Screen + Ground Combat color changes) (303 MB)

Blue Version not including ground combat color changes (1 MB)

INSTALLATION

Drag n' Drop into the main Xenonauts directory and merge folders+overwrite files. As always it's smart to make backups before you make any changes, just in case something goes wrong somewhere

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world.

Service guarantees citizenship.

fFF2DA2.jpg

fFF2DA2.jpg.92b665ade75a16e97704b327978d

Edited by saborw

Excellent!!

And by Mobile Infantry, we speak of the lore within Starship troopers, THE BOOK, and not this ... err movie where everything should be seen as a a parody and a grain of salt.

The 1997 movie was pretty good on its own, and has a great visual representation, minus the power armor of course.

We shall not talk of the second and third movies. They do not exist.

They do exist, never forget those movies.

If we forget past mistakes we are doomed to repeat them.

Is it really bad though that when I saw the OP I thought the mod was to recreate the alliance soldiers from Firefly?

Basic armour really needs to include some kind of coat, probably brown...

They do exist, never forget those movies.

If we forget past mistakes we are doomed to repeat them.

Is it really bad though that when I saw the OP I thought the mod was to recreate the alliance soldiers from Firefly?

Basic armour really needs to include some kind of coat, probably brown...

Didn't Firefly use props (including armour) from Starship Troopers?

• 2 weeks later...

Blargh, Starship Trooper the movie... On the bright side, there's talk of remaking Starship Trooper with inspiration from the book (instead of reading two chapters and making your own poor story), and hopefully some inspiration from Roughneck Chronicles (a CG series that did a good job of combining elements from the book and film). I will say the aesthetics were pretty reasonable, the arachnids being particularly interesting in design. The marine armour worked well on the Alliance soldiers in Firefly, as mentioned.

I concur with Dragon and Thoth (except on the movie). Sorry for forgetting to do so earlier (I saw red, and forgot myself). I like the shaded look of the purple and dark blue. And it must have been a lot of work recolouring all those frames.