New tile atlases for testing!

So a number of people have been experiencing performance issues in the game - massive slowdown when they see a particular tile type. It is particularly pronounced on the Mac / Linux versions of the game but also affects Windows users on less powerful PCs.

There's a patch here that contains an updated /assets/tiles/ directory (just delete the existing one and replace it with the one in the patch): http://www.xenonauts.com/devfiles/processed_tiles.rar

I want to roll this out globally but it needs more testing first for display issues like maps where props are not appearing correctly. It contains changes to some of the tile atlases and therefore may lead to some props not loading properly...but hopefully will be fine!

And I thought no one around here watches the World Cup :)

I definitely don't!

Not all germans like football!

And "Schland" comes from a horrible fun-band who made a mock-up song out of the also horrbile song "sattelite" of the german winner Lena of Eurovision Song Contest (can't remeber the year, and don't care).

Both, Lena and that fun-band, are financed by Stefan Raab a popular and very successful german TV entertainer.

Also both "songs" are extremely mainstream, very catchy, nothing in it worth remembering.