combat info log

NoIdidnt

Think it has been proposed earlier, dunno if we got an answer to it though. I remember makeing a suggeston to skip showing the alien turn and only show what happened during there if you clicked the event in the combatlog. (Because i thought it was annoying when clearly visible aliens missed like 5+ shots that went wide and all across the map in X-com)

Though I think Chris answered that would take away from the suspense... meaning it was a baaad suggestion =P

You don't need to reveal everything Chris. You could make the log a bit vague, for instance if you even allow it to show damage (not really necessary imo) you could have description instead of numbers. And then you'd decide how many levels you have. examples: "no damage, caused a bruise, broke skin, light damage, knocked the wind out of, caused a flesh wound, wingclipped, moderate damage, wounded, punctured, severely wounded, crittically wounded, BOOM headshot, overkill"

If you stick with only 3-4 you could indicate if a weaon is nearly useless against the alien, if it does normal damage or if the alien is extra vaunerable towards the weapon if you want, and obscure it if you don't.

I assumed that whoever was in charge of the combatlog (would that be the soldiers or the commander?) weren't familiar enough with xenobiology to determine the location of reproductive organs or the damage inflicted upon hitting them. But I realize groin is just the area between the legs and doesnt need to contain a reroductive organ. And quite frankly it would not be very helpful at all`to determine anything if used on say the Andron race.

I assumed that whoever was in charge of the combatlog (would that be the soldiers or the commander?) weren't familiar enough with xenobiology to determine the location of reproductive organs or the damage inflicted upon hitting them. But I realize groin is just the area between the legs and doesnt need to contain a reroductive organ. And quite frankly it would not be very helpful at all`to determine anything if used on say the Andron race.

true, but it was fun anyway.

-- ????? critically hits molerat with BB gun in the groin for 2 damage.! OUCHIE?

Edited by NoIdidnt