[v1.06] Economy Restored

Economy Restored v1.0.0

Xenonauts ver. 1.0.6 (it may work with 1.0.7 as well, I have not tested)

Download Here v1.0.0

Economy Restored is the economy changes from my Xenophobia mod pack for the vanilla (unmodded) version of the game.

The intent is to bring back the economy from the original game where you were expected to pay for ammo...etc

Changes

• Economy overhaul: Base starts with just 10 assault rifles, 20 magazines, 10 frag grenades, 10 smoke grenades and 10 medipacks.
  • No more "unlimited" weapons, equipment or ammo. (Vehicle equipment still is unlimited and unchanged, for now)
  • All solider weapons, ammo and equipment must now be paid for and manufactured. Everything unlocks for manufacture the same way as usual. Default weapons are available to purchase/build from the start of the game.

xenophobia (4).jpg

Recommended Changes

Slightly increase your starting funds in gameconfig.xml is recommended as you now need to pay for alot more than before. ** Mod does not include modified gameconfig.xml **

Installation:

1) Install Xenonauts v1.06 (may work work other versions, untested)

2) Copy Economy Restored v1.0.0 files to /assets/ and overwrite when prompted

Credits and Thanks

- Goldhawk

http://www.xenonauts.com

- Xenonauts community

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums

Disclaimer

Feel free to modify as you wish.

xenophobia (4).jpg

577e7d041b98c_xenophobia(4).thumb.jpg.f8

Edited by Slayerjerman

This might be nice to the veterans who miss the logistics and more in depth base management in Xenonauts.

Personally, I'm glad that they got rid of the tedious micro-management for a more streamlined experience. It's just less of a hassle and less time consuming.

This might be nice to the veterans who miss the logistics and more in depth base management in Xenonauts.

Personally, I'm glad that they got rid of the tedious micro-management for a more streamlined experience. It's just less of a hassle and less time consuming.

If anything, the game needs more of it, not less. When you strip out the good things you are left with an empty husk called Xcom: Enemy Unknown....lol

Edited by Slayerjerman

This is partially true.

Balancing manufacture and economy is a hard thing.

This is only necessary in a game environment when you can have multiple factories.

Vanilla have dead times, but resources are too high to introduce more income.

You can still reduce micromanagement if you plan well the manufacturing process.

U combined many mods with this one in other topic. If i want only try your economy with xnt I can't casue they share files and it is probably not a problem for you to make optional mods available if u already mixed few togheter.

So there is a chance u could do this?

Nice mod. A lot of people want the option to have something like this so I'm glad you've made it available to them.

Thanks Chris! Glad you like it :)

U combined many mods with this one in other topic. If i want only try your economy with xnt I can't casue they share files and it is probably not a problem for you to make optional mods available if u already mixed few togheter.

So there is a chance u could do this?

Truthfully, this means managing yet another set of files that I have little interest in maintaining when they update XNT. I want to continue onward with Xenophobia and keep that up to date and add more things to that mod. So I'm going to have to decline making a "XNT-only" version without the other combined mods. That being said, nothing is preventing you from taking these files and copy/pasting the changes into the XNT files, there by creating what you'd like. Sorry mate. :(

Edited by Slayerjerman

I f i knew what u hae changed i could try it but u have 4 files in vanila version and I am onestly not able to find what has to be copy pasted, already opened them and checked.

If you could have PMed me with those changes I may try to do this, not sure I will be able but can try.

It would be nice to see some tweaking with selling alien stuff tho in order to compensate the expenses for normal weapons.

In my opinion the price for alien alloys and allenium is just to low in vanilla not to mention with your mod (even when starting cash is bumped). I am rather early in the game so i don't know if there is anything else to sell and what kind of prices are there.

It would be nice to see some tweaking with selling alien stuff tho in order to compensate the expenses for normal weapons.

In my opinion the price for alien alloys and allenium is just to low in vanilla not to mention with your mod (even when starting cash is bumped). I am rather early in the game so i don't know if there is anything else to sell and what kind of prices are there.

The prices are all standard, and the basic ammo/weapons are very low already to keep it balanced. You can change the prices yourself inside of items.xml to anything you want. :)

The prices are all standard, and the basic ammo/weapons are very low already to keep it balanced. You can change the prices yourself inside of items.xml to anything you want. :)

Didn't know that, thx for tip :)

Wow, was looking for something like this. are you going to try and restore the vehicle side of things too? if so, I am willing to lend you a hand.

I want to, but I'm unsure yet how I am going to proceed with it and I've been busy with my main mod, Xenophobia. If you wanna take a shot at it for vanilla based on these files, be my guest :)

I want to, but I'm unsure yet how I am going to proceed with it and I've been busy with my main mod, Xenophobia. If you wanna take a shot at it for vanilla based on these files, be my guest :)

Thanks, I reckon I'll give it a shot as soon as I am a bit less busy. But what is the Xenophobia mod?

When I go to the build menu to try to build new weapons, all I see is a bunch of items marked "####" wtf???

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/35217691575166486/34CB10373F7C903752CBB10C9273F3426C5D42F1/

EDIT: Fixed. I installed a bunch of other mods as well, re-installing this one again seemed to resolve the issue. Would delete this, but leaving it up in case others run into the issue as well.

Edited by MrTwentyThree
Resolved issue

When I go to the build menu to try to build new weapons, all I see is a bunch of items marked "####" wtf???

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/35217691575166486/34CB10373F7C903752CBB10C9273F3426C5D42F1/

EDIT: Fixed. I installed a bunch of other mods as well, re-installing this one again seemed to resolve the issue. Would delete this, but leaving it up in case others run into the issue as well.

Yeah, you have to install this after the other mods, especially if anything changes the vanilla game strings.xml.... This mod only touches these files:

• scripts/_basebuilt.lua

• items.xml

• items.xml

• manufactures.xml

• researches.xml

• strings.xml

Slightly increase your starting funds in gameconfig.xml is recommended as you now need to pay for alot more than before.

What values would you recommend for normal / veteran / insane ?

I just double it from 3.2m to 6.4m and I also only really play Veteran. The ecomomy changes are very minor (just charging a few grand for ammo/weapons and nothing is unlimited anymore (except aircraft/vehicles). So really it depends on you.

To me the only thing that must be 'restored' is the selling price of the stuff you manufacture. Atm it's -50%. Make it +50% and that's all I need )

You can change that in items.xml. Generally, if it was a "basic" human item, such as assault rifles, it has a depreciated resell value (since humans already have lots of these, heh). However anything high-tech, alien or made with alien alley/alenium has a much higher resell value.

I just double it from 3.2m to 6.4m and I also only really play Veteran. The ecomomy changes are very minor (just charging a few grand for ammo/weapons and nothing is unlimited anymore (except aircraft/vehicles). So really it depends on you.

Hmm doubling, isnt it too much? I mean "Base starts with just 10 assault rifles, 20 magazines, 10 frag grenades, 10 smoke grenades and 10 medipacks." so it really should be enough for first fight and you have the money anyway. Will try to play w/o raising at all o_O

Could you also tell me what is changed in the strings.xml as I have other mod changing it (darkened_alien_turn 1.01).

Also I looked at the screenshots and saw this:

8ccef4fb2a.jpg

Is it smth the mod adds?

8ccef4fb2a.jpg

8ccef4fb2a.jpg.6334cc08243e13598961b83ac

Edited by RobosergTV