Xenonauts V1.07 HF Released!

So I've just released Xenonauts V1.07HF on the Experimental branch for both Windows and Linux.

CHANGELOG:

• Linux builds no longer suffer a crash whenever they Autoresolve air combat (thanks llunak).
  • Main menu background screen should no longer be screwed up on some systems (thanks lluank).
  • Using the Fury in combat no longer randomly permanently grounds one of your other interceptors.

Small changelog, and the only files affected are the .exes and the main menu background image. As you can see, the Community Coder program is already bearing fruit - long may it continue!

EDIT - this is also available as a patch, attached to the email. Just copy it into the game directory.

V1.07HF.zip

V1.07HF.zip

V1.07HF.zip

What changes are there for base attacks and how much does the changes made alter the attack probability? (Old value was 4 in every third wave)

4 has become 100, as you can see for yourself in AM_BaseAttack.xml.

That amounts to a 22% probability for 3-UFO wave, and about 45% for a larger wave of up to 9 UFOs. Of course there's still the day limit, too.

Sorry that I ask again, but the GOG.com version will also be supported in the future? 1.07 isn't up for it.

And my forum search function seems not to work. Searching for "GOG" gives me no results.

Edited by iShurik

Desura won't get V1.07HF until it's actually out properly on Steam. This build is currently only out on the Experimental branch of Steam.

GOG should have V1.07 shortly, iShurik - it's been sent across to them, so they just need to process it at their end now.

Whats going on?

My game was playing fine, it was really fun, then loading up and playing this afternoon I find we are back to the aliens stupid fire from miles away in the FOW, that kill my men in one shot.

I thought we had done with all that. You would not believe how crap this makes the game.

Desura won't get V1.07HF until it's actually out properly on Steam. This build is currently only out on the Experimental branch of Steam.

You could still upload it here to the forum, for those who would be interested in trying it out. Or there is a difference between Steam build and Desura?

[Edit]

My game was playing fine, it was really fun, then loading up and playing this afternoon I find we are back to the aliens stupid fire from miles away in the FOW, that kill my men in one shot.

I maybe wrong, but doesn't that happen in 1.07 as well? I had twice a similar situation.

Edited by Rutger

I maybe wrong, but doesn't that happen in 1.07 as well? I had twice a similar situation.

I have been playing from 1.7 and it has been fine, great in-fact. And then this. I thought they had abandoned the idea of super aliens that are able to shoot you at their leisure from the other side of the map. That's not a game, that's just plain stupid.

I had shots from the dark coming in from several directions killing my men, and even though I ran a few men in the direction of the fire I still couldn't spot the bastards, they were that far away.

It's a simple lesson in how to turn a great game in to a shit game for no apparent reason.

Edited by Moonie

Whats going on?

I thought we had done with all that. You would not believe how crap this makes the game.

Literally nothing has changed. The aliens have always had squad sight in the same way your guys do, and sniper tactics work just as well for them as they do for you.

This is the problem. They didn't have squad sight. The two aliens outside of the drop ship were dispatched turns before the magical alien fire.

It also doesn't fit that any alien can become dead-eye through the squad-sight rule.

To be able to lose your whole, or most of team though this silliness, simply kills the game for me. This one thing has me asking myself "whats the point?"

Then you were playing a night mission or an alien you didn't see had sight on you. The aliens have the exact same sight range as your guys do and won't snipe you from beyond visual range under any other circumstances.

Harridans on upper levels are sometimes nearly impossible to see specially if there on the back side of a ship or building. You might be getting sniped by one of them. They have great accuracy. Try changing your view level and moving the cursor around multi-story objects. If it turns red you have a high sniper.