UFO Aftermath Redux

My favorite X-Com remake was UFO Aftermath, except for its buggy game engine. I would suggest that you add the Transgenants (zombified animals and humans) from AM, as well as Robotic Invaders. Also, it would be a great idea to put real weapons into the game (M16s, MP5s, Glocks, etc.) like in Aftermath. I would like you to at least consider these ideas.

P.S. This is the same name as my profile on ModDB

I would demand my money back if transgenants were introduced. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hated that in aftermath. I wanted to kill aliens not some poor mutaded sobs. Each time I saw those transgenants it felt like I was sitting there waiting for the actual game to begin.

As for robots there's already a robot alien type included and the starting weapon are real weapons. at least the rifles.

Well, the Transgenant thing isn't needed, but the game would be way better with real weapons. You don't have to make a new in-game model for new weapons, you can use the ones already given. For example, I equip my soldier with an AK-47. The picture of the AK is different in the inventory screen, but it uses the assault rifle MODEL in the Tactical game. That way, the only thing that has to be done is make 2D drawlings of the weapons.

Well, the Transgenant thing isn't needed, but the game would be way better with real weapons. You don't have to make a new in-game model for new weapons, you can use the ones already given. For example, I equip my soldier with an AK-47. The picture of the AK is different in the inventory screen, but it uses the assault rifle MODEL in the Tactical game. That way, the only thing that has to be done is make 2D drawlings of the weapons.

That would be doing a half-assed job. I disagree on this, we don't really need it. The rifle is fine as is, and there is no real benefit it having multiple types of assault rifles in-game. This can be modded at a later time for those that want a bunch of weapons that do the same functional thing but have slightly different stats, it's just unneeded for the base game considering how quickly the basic weapons will be replaced.

In addition, Chris has already mentioned with the kickstarter attempt they will have a goal where they will a Soviet weapon pack which will be new models in-game.

Can you possibly replicate the "Plan and Go" feature from UFO Aftermath? (Pause\Play buttons in Tactical Game instead of turns-makes for faster, more intense combat.) I can mod new weapons and possibly aliens with some artists, but I don't know about that. Also, You should have the number of enemies per level be increased or decreased per level, with the default amount being 10 hostile units.

I have a Question:I have the Standard Order, but how do I show that on my profile?

Edited by Lionheart2
Question, Description

Can you possibly replicate the "Plan and Go" feature from UFO Aftermath? (Pause\Play buttons in Tactical Game instead of turns-makes for faster, more intense combat.) I can mod new weapons and possibly aliens with some artists, but I don't know about that. Also, You should have the number of enemies per level be increased or decreased per level, with the default amount being 10 hostile units.

I have a Question:I have the Standard Order, but how do I show that on my profile?

Most likely not since Chris planned the game this way and built/chose the engine designed for the task. Haveing the battlescape in real time is a pretty big design choice and needs to be determined at the start. The engine will most likely not be up for that kind of play and you would have to rebuild the whole game ground up for that feature.

I don't understand what you mean by number of enemies per level. What kind of levels are you talking about?

As Hellstormer said go visit http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?145-How-to-claim-your-Pre-Order-forum-badge!

Edited by Gorlom