Save files - did my commanders disappear in transit to another base? or am I crazy ..

I could swear that yesterday before 1.07 I had 3 injured (but over 50% health) commanders and majors in transit to a different base with a hospital - except they never arrived. It's been nearly a month of game time - and no sign of them.

One of them is called Ana Novarro and when I look in the save file (which has a bunch of readable plain text) from yesterday before she was transferred (and in which she is present and correct), her entry is full of stuff, which I won't bother to copy here - but basically you can see her equipment and that she's on the Valkyrie.

When I look at the save file after that however - (which is now nearly a month of game time later) she still has an entry, but it's very sparse.

Could anyone tell me anything about this entry and what it means? do dead soldiers still have entries in the save files? It's hard to tell where one soldier entry begins and ends exactly so I there'll be some prefix text belonging to the previous soldier and suffix text belonging to the next soldier. Also obviously a lot of non-standard characters were lost in the cut and paste - but hopefully it's enough for someone to tell me I'm crazy, and that somehow I forgot that all 3 of my top soldiers died (entirely possible) - or perhaps that there's a bug with soldiers in transit ...

" 09 Dec 1979 09 Dec 1979 26 Dec 1979 22 Apr 1980 06 Jun 1980 Spanish Ana Navarro med _ > L U , + 9 . < B ( ( S 2 â ª ÎA regiment.spain3 experience.none - Assault armour.basic armour.basic 09 Dec 1979 13 Mar 1980 29 Mar 1980

01 Apr 1980 13 Apr 1980 10 Jun 1980 "

Does that look like a dead soldier? or a soldier that's in the Ether due to a bug?

Here's another commander that I also thought was in transit, and who's also now missing for over 3 weeks game time :

"Soviet Union

Gleb Kravchuk nor V E I Z ? ) + 2 3 D 7 ( c ) hõíA regiment.russian3 experience.russian3 = Sniper armour.basic armour.basic 09 Dec 1979 26 Dec 1979

13 Apr 1980 "

Maybe she died in surgery but they were too afraid to tell you so they just covered it up hoping you wouldn't notice?

(Sorry this is not helpful, if I had anything helpful to say I would but that's what I would tell myself if this happened to me)