Weren't we supposed to get stronger recruits over the time?

I mean, I might be remembering wrong, but I remember over year or two ago hearing that we were eventually going to have a thing in this game where recruits you hire start at higher rank when you are far enough in the game <_< I guess thats not the case since everyone starts out as private and after everyone high ranked died last time I haven't been able to keep anyone alive for longer than one mission.

(I have literally done all research except praetorian interrogation(yeah, my first battleship mission had dead praetorian from the start. Oh joy. Only time I won battleship mission so far since my team hadn't gotten all killed yet) and I've been stuck for lack of money for while xP Since I'm at the point where ufos are starting to overwhelm me so even though I have pretty okay defense, I'm starting to be in debt after upkeep costs catches up. Should have invested in more marauders earlier I suppose. But yeah, I kinda keep losing almost all of my soldiers before reaching live praetorian on battleship and I can't defeat it and its guards with few people left.)

Yeah, I suck at strategy games I admit that :P I probably have to start this playthrough over since this is being annoying and frustrating(since I'm basically just for easy ufo kills to get money to manufacture gear and hope funding nations don't drop down the funding further. I was doing well before aliens started out sending basically only the battleships... Since only marauders are fast enough to catch them and I have only two of them one each in two of my three bases) and learn to have better backup in case of Total Party Kill and remember to have more marauders at each base earlier... Anyway, do I remember this wrong or was it changed because it made game not enough XCOM-y or something? Was there supposed to be mechanic like that or not?

It'd certainly make things less frustrating in late game if recruits started out as corporals at least, though I suppose it doesn't really matter since people like me who are stupid enough to have all high ranking soldiers die in one missions aren't going to do well until we learn to not put all eggs in one basket <_<

Edited by XenoMask

I dont know about getting stronger soldiers as game progresses, but I agree it would be nice to be able to get.

I have been in a similar situation as yours where most my team was killed in the previous mission and I only had low rank soldiers left.

Fortunately for me I was not as far in as you and managed to catch up again, but I was really struggling for a while.

One thing I remember from Beta, which seems to have been taken out again, is that once you recruited soldiers you were able to train them up from private to the next rank, sergeant.

Took about 10 days but could sometimes mean the difference between victory and defeat in a mission.

I found it a bit odd that it was removed again but never thought much about it.

Well if all else fails, you could go into gameconfig and increase the max number of stat upgrades a soldier can get in a mission to make training faster. I feel like having recruits start out with a certain number of rank points already would be nice though, especially since the game encourages you not to have several teams at once. Maybe something like 5 per in-game month.

I dont know about getting stronger soldiers as game progresses, but I agree it would be nice to be able to get.

I have been in a similar situation as yours where most my team was killed in the previous mission and I only had low rank soldiers left.

Fortunately for me I was not as far in as you and managed to catch up again, but I was really struggling for a while.

One thing I remember from Beta, which seems to have been taken out again, is that once you recruited soldiers you were able to train them up from private to the next rank, sergeant.

Took about 10 days but could sometimes mean the difference between victory and defeat in a mission.

I found it a bit odd that it was removed again but never thought much about it.

I guess it made game too easy because you can just get army of sergeants or something?

Still I think they should have kept something like that in the game. Maybe have the training building increase rank of soldiers you recruit like having training building gives you corporals instead and after base upgrade gives soldiers above that?*shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...
Some kind of training facility where you can train up to X soldiers in Y stat over Z days would be wonderful. Especially for the really difficult to raise stats.

Yeah, game is already really hard without the aspect of how hard it is to get back on the track after losing few missions <_<