Any chance of [a race of black, humanoid crab like aliens] in the game?

Yeah I posted it to one of the threads here, remember to add a spoiler warning if you do though.

No need to spoilt it for everyone, just Gorlom :D

Hey, its not like I INTENTIONALLY spoiled it by describing what I saw :P

Anyway, BE CAREFUL OF SPOILERS, EVEN JUST CLICKING THE LINK CAN SPOIL YOU, ONLY ALIEN WE ALREADY HAVE SEEN IN VIDEO IS RED COLORED ANDRON, THERE AREN'T SEBILIANS OR CAESANS SO REST OF THEM ARE ONES WE HAVEN'T SEEN YET, THOUGH YOU DON'T REALLY NEED TO CLICK RIGGING VIDEO BUTTON AS ICON FOR THAT BUTTON SEEMS TO BE WHAT WE GUESS TO BE IT http://www.iamgregamato.com/ SO YEAH, YOU CAN'T BLAME ME FOR SPOILING YOU AS I PUT SPOILER WARNING IN CAPS :P

I'm hoping the second ability Chris is talking about is teleportation. Probably combined with the ability to see the entire map...

That seems unbalanced unlss it has CRAP AI.

For some rason I'm expecting it to be able to burrow

(probably because of someone that should not be named mentioning a certain likeness)

(probably because of someone that should not be named mentioning a certain likeness)

Possible spoilers to anybody who isn't Gorlom or who has seen that video: Yeah, I'm sorry for possibly spoiling it by mentioning what I thought it looked like

Non spoilers: And yeah, Gorlom will have vendetta against me for rest of my life :P

Also, random guess on its ability: Well, this has nothing to do with what it looks like, but since its Chrysalid type monsters and developers have said "It has second ability besides turning into zombies" it means that Reaper most likely won't have ability to turn your agents to more reapers or control them like brainsuckers. Why? Because I consider Chrysalid type monsters be Chrysalids, Tentaculats and Brainsuckers. All three of them turn your agents somehow into enemies. So if Reaper zombies won't result in bursting out more reapers, but since Brainsuckers are from unpopular game meaning that reapers still have to somehow create more reapers(ok, this is bad sentence grammar wise. I meant that Chrysalids and Tentaculats created more of themselves while brainsuckers just died and controlled your units. I mean that developers might not consider Brainsuckers to be "Chrysalid" type monsters if they don't like Apocalypse resulting in that they believe that Chrysalid type monsters have to create more of themselves) and not just turn everybody into zombies, I guess Reapers split into more reapers when they die while reapers they split into won't split into more when they die because that would be broken :P

Continuing on that idea, maybe it would go like this: Original XCOM game had Chrysalid research text claim that Chrysalids that burst out from killed zombies are weaker than ones that burst out themselves, but stat wise they were identical in game. Maybe Reapers will split into two weaker reapers who can't split more unless you wait enough for them to "grow" back to adult reaper which will split more.

Of course, thats probably not going to happen, but I figured out I had to tell most logical outlandish idea I got so it would be out ruled :P If reapers look like what I think they do, they don't really look like they split into more ones. So it would be surprise if that would actually happen xD Idea does have rather interesting twist to it, with Chrysalid type monsters you usually think "CRAP, shoot it, shoot it before it comes close!" but if creature would itself split into more, you would think more than just how to prevent it coming close as you will create more trouble for you if you have to deal with two creatures instead of one capable of creating zombies out of you. And if split up creatures can "grow" to be able to split up again, you will want to destroy splitted up creatures before they can split up more.

Plus its nice surprise for XCOM veterans who notice that these creatures can turn you into zombies, I mean, would anybody expect that to happen?

...Dang, thats long speculation wall of text ._. Oh well, it does sound cool as idea, but I doubt anybody will include that in XCOM type game in looong time xD

Alternate outlandish idea would be that they combine Chrysalids with Brainsucker pods. Aka, they are able to shoot eggs that will hatch into Reapers that won't be able to breed more eggs because that would be broken if they could spawn infinitely reapers at distance and are still able to turn you into zombie.

Edited by XenoMask

Not at all - especially if the teleportation is free and the insta-zombify attack of the chryssalid like-thing costs 10% of TUs ;) I apologise; I wasn't being completely sincere with my original post but forgot that text is not the best medium for conveying tone :D

Whats the point of jumping in a turnbased game where the soldiers and presumably aliens as well already vaults over waisthigh objects?

I'm not saying its a bad idea I just dont get it and would like a clearification.

Maybe he meant as in the same way xeno troops can jump when they get the armour for it.

Mjr Hugz: In my Xenonaut equivalent Flying Suit, reading copyright laws to see if I can call it a Flying Suit. Silly Chrysalids below me, but can touch me...oh they're leaping around..oh @r$e

As a grizzled X-Com vet, leaping Chrysalids would scare the pants off me.

The ranged cocoon sounds cool, but I'd not want them to use it if it got in the way of their large number of APs to get up close and zombify. A ranged cocoon becomes like any other alien weapon and takes away some of the Reaper's edge for me.

From what I could see it looks the the niches of some classic x-com aliens are being filled with the new aliens

The niches being of chryssalid, floater and ethereal

Hopefully the other niches will be filled as well

Edited by ChAnKoEr

POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN WHOLE POST, I*M NOT SURE HOW TO DO SPOILER TAG OR IF THIS POST IS ACTUALLY SPOILERY, JUST BEING CAREFUL

Hey, every XCOM game gotta have flying aliens!

They are just usually combined with another alien type for some reason. I mean, Tentaculats for example combine Floater and Chrysalid :P

I'm not sure if there is niche for psychic aliens since rather many aliens have psychics...

I think a giant intelligent spider that lays eggs in you would also be scary. Or perhaps a Terminator type robotic killing machine with glowing red eyes. The ideas are limitless, don't keep running back to x-com.

Personally I'd like to see each of them have a reason for being there.

It's one thing having cool looking aliens, but after the novelty value you start wondering how they are taking orders from another race that they could wipe out.

mind control, genetic alteration and cebernetic implants were some reasons hinted at in the first one. It's an area I'd like to see developed in this one too.

I think logic is highly over-rated.

Look at the ridiculous plot of Aliens Vs Predators. We are expected to believe the Predators invented the Aliens as a training tool? A species so deadly they could wipe out any other race as well as their own?

Well, I guess there's no limit to pure stupidity. We are well on our way to realizing SkyNet and intelligent machines that will judge us inferior...

We are well on our way to realizing SkyNet and intelligent machines that will judge us inferior

But what if they like reality TV more than we do? Imagine the dystopian world where mankind hasn't been taken over by Skynet, but instead can't get a kettle to work because it's busy watching a soap!

Oh, the humanity!

As for logic, I'm looking forward to wiping out the Caesians with my Pocket Atomic Unicorn next mission.

We are expected to believe the Predators invented the Aliens as a training tool? A species so deadly they could wipe out any other race as well as their own?

yeah, next humans will invent a deterrent so deadly it can destroy everyone on the planet including it's creators. Nonsense!

Look up the Androns ;)

It might be just me, but I find androns kind of cute (http://www.xenonauts.com/devimages/Andron_model.jpg) :P (http://www.xenonauts.com/devimages/Andron_concept.jpg)

P.S. I still want to know why Sebilians have mohawk/hair (http://www.xenonauts.com/devimages/SebillianRender.jpg) and I checked their corpse picture in game, its either hair or hair looking red spines :P