[v1.06] Music volume zero (no music)

• 4 weeks later...

Since no fix and no reply, I'll bump the thread. Just was going to start new topic, but I found this one.

Don't understand me wrong, soundtrack is cool (especially air combat one), but I really would like to play with my own playlist without backgroung music :D

If you are in the mood for a quick and easy mod you can make the change yourself.

I have done this and it worked fine for me but as always back up your original files first, just in case.

Go to xenonauts/assets/scripts and open optionswindow.lua and optionswindowmm.lua in a text editor.

Search for name = "musicvol" and scroll down half a dozen lines to where it says min = 1 and change it to min = 0.

Save it then do the same for the other file.

You should be able to use the in game volume control to completely remove music whenever you want to now.

You could do the same for sfxvol while you are there if needed.

Sounds like something easy that could be added in to the next version maybe if Goldhawk are watching.

Yes there is.

Open sounds.xml and look for geomusic and aircombatmusic.

Change the volume value from 0.7 to 0.

You could also adjust mainmenumusic at the same time in that file.

Another option in here is the air combat radio chatter, you can zero that as well if it gets in the way.

Sounds_gc.xml contains the ground combat music settings under "GC Music" and "GC Music Night".

Change both volume settings to 0 there as well.