[V1.09]Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

Skitso

I stumbled upon what I assume is one of your new maps since it contains oasis, which really surprised me as I had also been playing with Kabill random map pack. I guess fine art can't easily be suppressed! I saw the screenshots, but I must say it was pleasure to come across the idyllic scenery during legit playthrough - thank you very much for your work! :)

Edited by ventuswings
removed somehow broken screenshot

Unless, the game bugged while loading, or there is a missing wall on this map. (I assume it's from yours map pack)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5445[/ATTACH]

It seems the wall is deleted by the placed dropship, or doesn't it work that way anymore?

If so the dropship should be moved a tile towards SE.

Awesome job! The look of the game with your mods is very nice, I love it. Thanks a lot.

Just a question. Is this mod compatible with the X:CE 0.28? There are two files that are the same (combatguiexport.lua and combatguiexport_large.lua), I have your mod installed after X:CE, I'm losing stuffs for this?

Edited by potawan

Skitso, besides the fact you are doing great work and we all should write only posts that celebrates your great work-fulness and kindness, I have to ask you one single thing.

Do you follow any manner when doing maps that have impact on strategy when playing on them? I mean that for example, statistically desert maps are more open than forest, then industrial then something else. Or is this just matter of luck or common sense?

If so how much is it specified.

It may sounds dumb but I would like to have an official answer. Cause when we reverse this logic, knowing about terrain gives us important premise of how our team should be equipped. TY.

Well, at first I tried to make desert and farm maps more open, industrial more dense and middle east somewhere in the middle and tried to capture vanilla maps' feel as closely as possible. With my more recent maps though, I've mostly just tried to achieve certain feel, more organic look and natural flow. But yeah, in general, desert maps still tend to be more open than industrial ones.

Edited by Skitso

Small update to 1.21.

This update adds only one new map (desert scrap yard) but it's one of my favorites, so please try it out. Also there are lots of new props and submaps added to make mapping more diverse and easy in the future. (so kabill can send me tons of new great maps to be added here later ;))

Hi skitso thanks for the new realse,but i havent founded the new scrapyard desert map (just my luck XDD)..would be to much to ask if you could add a picture in the OP so i (and anyone who want to try the mod for first time) could see it please :o?

Beside that really good work with the mod, i cant even imagine playing xenonauts without this included :P.