[V1.09]Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

Skitso

Hey Skitso, I'm not sure if this is your map or vanilla (now there's a compliment!) but I can't go up the stairs or move my xenonaut to the second floor. I've got the correct elevation plane selected (this was the 1.07 exp release prior to today's HF).

Screenshot attached.

85Rw0ig.jpg

Hi Skitso, great work on the map pack

I am guessing that this is one of your forest maps?

Invisible trees 1.jpg

Invisible trees 2.jpg

In the middle of the screen there are invisible trees. When I gunned one down you can see the branches lying on the ground in the second image there. They block movement and LOS, but you can't see them. Also the branches on the ground disappear when you scroll the screen around to some positions.

I have got 1.07HF CE 0.23. I loaded your map pack back when I was in about 1.05. Maybe I need to re-load it after patching?

Invisible trees 1.jpg

Invisible trees 2.jpg

577e7d0427f8d_Invisibletrees1.thumb.jpg.

577e7d042c451_Invisibletrees2.thumb.jpg.

I had the same issue during a terror mission where one of my soldiers couldn't access the second floor. Although during the same turn I moved another soldier on the second floor without any issues. Still the second soldier wouldn't move, I thought that the first soldier might block the path but it looked pretty clear to me.

@Winterwolves, the invisible tree issue should be fixed in the new versions, so please download again.

@agris, thanks I had a misplaced stairs there. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Edited by Skitso

29th of June. I'll download the latest again and try that.

EDIT: I checked the file dates of the file while overwriting, but appears I had the most recent version installed. So I guess you still have some invisible trees in there.

EDIT2: It was a lightscout map, if that info helps you any.

And yeah, totally loving your work :)

Edited by NeoTiger

From what I remember tracing the area with my cursor indicates that there is an invisible 3x3 tree group in that region:

trees.jpg

You can't walk along the edge for sure. There was also another invisible 3x3 tree patch further north in the vicinity of the UFO.

I later had another small forest map, but didn't encounter any invisible trees there.

But I encountered another phenomenon of this map type: there's always an alien opening and pacing behind the UFO door each turn as if couldn't make up its mind whether it wanted to step out or not. At first I thought there might be something invisible blocking it, but when I got one of my soldiers near the UFO, it stepped out and shot him.

trees.jpg

trees.jpg.d9cdc4edb691c3c0d6060492340ba6

I checked the map and it seems you do actually have the old, bugged version still in the game. I downloaded the newest version just to verify that the current pack has the same map version I have on my game and it's ok.

so please download again and be sure to overwrite everything when installing.

I got some problems with one of your maps for terror sites: explosion animation is just a blank square, sometimes soldier's sprites are missing, got two BSOD out of nowhere, destroyed Hunter has no sprites, sometimes whole map is a blank canvas until I alt-tab back and forth...

Maybe that's because I'm using 1.06?

@Skitso: A while back (IIRC) I asked you about the possibility of repackaging your maps with my random map pack with some alterations so as to reduce the downing-out issue that the random map pack has.

I know you've indicated that you don't want multiple copies of your map pack floating around, so I wanted to check with you whether that is still ok (assuming, of course, I haven't just dreamed up my asking you about this previously). I've no plans to do it any time soon, but it would be useful to know either way.