[V1.07] Skitso's Oppressive UI Mod

Skitso

• 2 weeks later...

While I am a but iffy on the blue geoscape, I absolutely love what this mod does to night missions. Not they actually look like night missions. It also makes it seem more atmospheric, your little headlamps the only visible thing in the blackness. Makes night missions feel more tense.

Skitso, with XCE 0.26HF2 the bars in the main base screen and hangars are not grey anymore. You might want to check it. Or have you changed them with recent update?

And I see there are more things not working too.

Edited by silencer

Well, I havn't updated the Oppressive UI yet for HF2 so that's quite understandable. Did you unpack the whole CE to your game directory and overwrite everything? I thought that HF2 modified just the .exe so you should have probably copied just that? Or install Oppressive UI again on top of everything, overwriting everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Skitso, a litte info about installing Oppresive UI, if switching to latest XCE branch on steam. Instead of copying everything to main game assets, everything should be copied to assets\mods\xce (or at least scripts and those 3 config files). Otherwise few things won't work. Like for example the Craft window will have yellow dots and in ground combat there won't be darkening. I assume it's because XCE uses some scripts that change those things or it might be those tilesxxx.xml.

Here are the pics what I am talking about. From the second picture you can guess, that the bars are too bright.

Xenonauts 2014-08-23 13-25-46-74.jpg

Xenonauts 2014-08-23 13-34-02-32.jpg

Xenonauts 2014-08-23 13-25-46-74.jpg

Xenonauts 2014-08-23 13-34-02-32.jpg

577e7d1f2c2be_Xenonauts2014-08-2313-25-4

577e7d1f329ed_Xenonauts2014-08-2313-34-0

Silencer: no, the newest version of the mod is fully xce 0.27 compatible overwriting everything, but as it reads in the op, you need to install BOTH x:ce and the mod in old school method overwriting everything and play without using mod loader system.

Edited by Skitso

I havn't released the modular version yet as it doesn't support lua yet... Or did I miss something? Silencer, the newest version of the mod is 0.27 compatible overwriting everything but as it reads in the op, you need to install BOTH x:ce and the mod in old school method overwriting everything without mod loader system.

I've managed to get the LUA thing working in 0.27, but it's apparently buggy. When you install the mod, it doesn't recognize the LUA files. However, if you open the LUA files in situ and save them, then it works fine. So it's *almost* there, but not quite.

EDIT: Yes, you're right. It wasn't working (although I suspect the problem in 0.27 is exactly what was happening in 0.26 as well but I didn't realise it). I thought it might have been fixed in 0.27 there were some LUA script related fixes, but apparently not quite.

• 1 month later...

also i have to say that if you use other mod that changes the stuff present in this mod..then it become replaced..for example i use XNT..so i need to put the desired content of this in that folder and so on... I really expect that someday you got the time to modularize this amazing mod skitso :).

I tried this with the Steam CE and did what silencer said. The only thing I did not notice is the color bars are still green but all the other works fine that I can tell.

If you are using XCE, delete internal folder. It contains all the copies of scripts. The game will recreate with fresh ones and you should have right colours.

Well, I'm actually not sure about the current state of CE... at least earlier it didn't support modularizing the .lua files. As a matter of fact, kabill already made a modularized version but I didn't release it as it wasn't complete then... wonder whats the situation today. Anyways... I'm going to release CE 0.30 compatible version probably tomorrow (which has to be installed manually in oldschool way) If anyone wants to modularize it, great! :)

Edited by Skitso

Well, I'm actually not sure about the current state of CE... at least earlier it didn't support modularizing the .lua files. As a matter of fact, kabill already made a modularized version but I didn't release it as it wasn't complete then... wonder whats the situation today. Anyways... I'm going to release CE 0.30 compatible version probably tomorrow (which has to be installed manually in oldschool way) If anyone wants to modularize it, great! :)

I'm finally going to be done with my thesis on Tuesday, so I'll be able to have a look at it after that point. In theory, with XCE 0.30 it should be fully functional as that version fixed the .lua loading which was the only unsolved problem.

Lua scripts in 0.30 should work in the sense that they should be correctly loaded, but they are treated as binary files, i.e. there's no merging. Merging requires text file patching and the only code I've found with a suitable license requires nontrivial changes to be usable, so that's still in the todo list.

If you are using XCE, delete internal folder. It contains all the copies of scripts. The game will recreate with fresh ones and you should have right colours.

silencer, Thanks for that tip. That worked now I have Oppressive UI CE just with the original Earth Geoscape.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to change the color of the geoscape from blue to yellow or red depending on how many alien ships/squadrons are being detected? (Perhaps 2-5 for yellow, 6+ for red?) I really like your geoscape, but I feel that the blue would get boring after awhile.

• 3 months later...