New UFOs (Looking for Artists)

kabill

• 5 months later...
I'm very happy to hear this, Chris, and I totally respect your criteria. Though (without disagreeing with the judgment) I'd like to note you are a bit harsh on your accomplishments, your UFO designs were what sold the game to me. I was literally buzzing to see each new UFO I downed and this single handedly got me through the first several hundred ground missions without experiencing any fatigue (before bumping on the Carrier long alien moves).

I gotta agree. Those ships were freaking gorgeous. They were a major highlight of the game for me.

The final result of the UFO designs we chose for Xenonauts was acceptable, but it took so much effort to get them working it was ridiculous. I also really regret not having destructible outer hulls tbh.

Yeah.... not things I could have known until you told us. Shame they were so brutal on the dev team to implement, but if it makes you feel any better they are positively gorgeous highlights of the game to me :D

a reaper hive ship would be cool a large ship , having 2 entrances and the inside separated into 2 parts , one large area where the reapers are housed and another small compartment as the cockpit + a small area surrounding it as some sort of guard/locker/storage area