Xenonauts V1.07 Released!

@Anderty &the Sovereign:

Not doing all missions may be the better overall game experience, but it's ineffective. And if you are struggling later on you will probably thing "If I just did these missions...". Especially on Ironman skipping these missions is not an option. You especially need them for XP.

And if you are afraid of people dieingin 08/15 missions I'd not take them with me. I got two characters who reached the rank of a colonel which are benched at the moment. They will come into play again when I am on the final mission.

But in order to do the final mission I should at least do like 5 to 10 missions to bring some other soldiers to a decent rank. I neither need money nor material...it's just for the xp.

Have you guys fixed the "door stacking" bug? Because I had 4 of my men stack on doors on a corvette, just to get promptly #rekt by aliens now actually opening the doors just to shoot through them (earlier, they had to walk through them first, which was impossible due to my guys blocking them).

Long story short, I had to load the game. :)

Have you guys fixed the "door stacking" bug? Because I had 4 of my men stack on doors on a corvette, just to get promptly #rekt by aliens now actually opening the doors just to shoot through them (earlier, they had to walk through them first, which was impossible due to my guys blocking them).

Long story short, I had to load the game. :)

Yeah, aliens can now open doors which are blocked by your soldiers. (Hurrah!)

However, it seems that aliens *always* open doors as they pass by them now, and it also seems that aliens can open doors when not adjacent to them (i.e. 1 tile away). Not sure if that's intended or not.

aliens *always* open doors as they pass by them now ... it also seems that aliens can open doors when not adjacent to them (i.e. 1 tile away)

Yes! My life is (partially) complete :D

Regarding the last sentence, I haven't tried out the patch yet due to trying out XNT mod, but maybe the last sentence has to do with the 'AI playing faster than the game' problem?

Are you suppose to be able to deselect your first aid or aiming cursor by right clicking anywhere that's not a target? If so then it's not working for me.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Sometimes a right click will do it, sometimes I have to hit ESC, which really doesn't feel right.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Sometimes a right click will do it, sometimes I have to hit ESC, which really doesn't feel right.

I thought so, and your right it doesn't feel right. :)

Chris! What's going on with the right clicky thingy?

There's a new roof toggle related issue: If roof toggle is on, multi leveled ufos' second floor stays visible when entering ufo and doesn't turn invisible like buildings.

I like to play with roof toggle on, so it's a bit annoying to need to toggle roofs off manually when entering larger ufos.

There are still tons of little bugs in the game. Nothing gamebreaking on my most current playthrough, but lots of little annoyances that lead to good men getting killed.

Props not acting like cover when they should (I'm looking at you intact window frames), aliens still teleporting through doors occasionally, multi-story shenanigans of every description etc...

Then there is the minor but still very noticeable bugs that just plain irritate me. The main menu bug (still not fixed), the barracks scrollbar bug (still not fixed), C4 not registering as kills, vehicles not registering kills or missions, vehicles respawning at the end of missions, various ammo bugs when a team is sent on missions, typos in the xenopedia etc...

I've been saying since the beginning of may that a may 30th release date was not realistic if they wanted to quash all of the bugs, and that an additional month of polishing was necessary. This was the response...

@Legit - a lot of the stuff listed in your post are not really major issues. Vehicles being a little underpowered and aliens not panicking are not "very real flaws" that will tank review scores for the game. We're aware of the actual major issues like psionics and we're looking into them and I'm comfortable we'll have enough time to address them, plus a number of the less important issues too.

Pretty much every game ever could have done with more development time, but that's life.

Behold, here we are one month and 7 "release" versions later and the game just barely is free of gamebreaking bugs and is still riddled with minor ones.

I understand that budgeting is a concern, but please can you fix some of the little bugs while you are fixing the gamebreaking ones? Some of them really destroy the immersion.

We're not going to take time out to fix things like C4 registering kills for the soldier that dropped it or vehicles registering kills on the stats page.

Is the game perfect? No, it isn't. But if we spend the next six months fixing tiny bugs in the game we may as well still be in Early Access. Even AAA games with budgets of millions of dollars still have bugs in them after release and expecting a tiny indie team to fix every single issue with the game after release is a little much imo.

My beloved leader Chris ... ! :)

Is this Animaton Lag fixed -

The problem consern Animation lag/issue

When soldier wears Predator Armor and when he is fireing a heavy weapon ( with burst 10 shots) olny for a short time animation is shown and then weapon is holster and shots rest of the 10 basic shots . ie fire 1 shots lests say with animation ( weapon to the head and fires) then weapons is in normal position and it fires to the enemy rest of its shots

This is a Game code Animation Lag

"It's an animation timing issue. It could be fixed but for now we're not releasing new patches that change anything other than the game .exe files, as there is a possibility they may break mods. " - Chris

So is this fixed , couse i dont think that is a tiny issue , its very annoying ..

We're not going to take time out to fix things like C4 registering kills for the soldier that dropped it or vehicles registering kills on the stats page.

Is the game perfect? No, it isn't. But if we spend the next six months fixing tiny bugs in the game we may as well still be in Early Access. Even AAA games with budgets of millions of dollars still have bugs in them after release and expecting a tiny indie team to fix every single issue with the game after release is a little much imo.

Again, I realize budgeting is a concern and that you have limited resources. I also realize nothing is ever perfect, nor do I expect there to be 0 bugs in the finished product.

But you have stat counters that don't even work, mismapped keys, broken scrollbars, a main menu that doesn't display properly for half of the people that bought the game, a good amount of misaligned specters, and many more issues that are extremely noticeable or could potentially ruin an ironman playthrough. Why can you not fix some of these little things while you are fixing the big gamebreakers? Your people are already tinkering with the code.

Or hell, why not integrate some of the community bugfix patches if you really don't want to put the work into it, like the one kabill linked.

Edited by legit1337

The game is out and it totally kicks ass...you guys actually did it...it's time to start ignoring the whiners and trolls...I just hope that it was profitable enough to warrant a sequel...maybe the aliens had a colony in a solar system about 15 light years away and it took them about 20 years to get here because they had to travel at sub-light speed...the end game would be an invasion of their colony, a large alien city, battle would be both indoors and outdoors, alien terrain, 6 levels, towers to place snipers in, flying armor that you can shoot from while hovering, hover tank that can go up, drones for recon and dropping bombs...it could be epic...

We can't fix those things because we're spending our time fixing the big gamebreakers instead - people can only work on one thing at a time, so we'd have to take time out for the gamebreakers to fix the less important things (which would make no sense). Plus, just because something is less important doesn't mean it's faster to fix.

The bugfix that kabill linked fixes the issue by making it impossible to shoot through windows, which is just as bad as the original problem imo.

I also think you're confusing your own personal opinion with that of the majority of people - for instance, I've literally never heard of anyone else complain about the C4 kill tracking, for example. It's not "extremely noticeable". Nor is that broken scrollbar or the couple of mismapped keys in the game. I'm happy to integrate community fixes for them that might arise but I'm not taking time out from the major issues to fix them.

The bugfix that kabill linked fixes the issue by making it impossible to shoot through windows, which is just as bad as the original problem imo.

Yeah, it's a "fix" rather than a fix. It's good to have the option there for people who really care about it, but it does carry it's costs.

(It's not quite as bad as implied, though. You can shoot through windows fine, they just block shots like any other kind of cover. The issue is that you can put bullets straight through the window without damaging the glass, which makes it look odd.)