We've just released Xenonauts V1.07 on the Windows Steam Experimental Branch - it does not break save games. We'll leave it there for a couple of days for testing purposes and if there are no major issues with it, it'll be publicly released on Monday.
We're hoping this will be the last major cross-platform update to the game. It fixes most of the major bugs and issues in the game that we are capable of fixing and future updates are going to be more platform specific (i.e. Steam Workshop support will only be available in Steam builds etc).
As I've mentioned before, we may do a V1.1 patch at some point in the future that adds more content. We'll wait for things to settle down a bit post-launch if we do, though.
- "Extras" launcher links now work
- Month-end Funding Screen now pops up before the Game Over screen if you lose the game
- We've fixed up the problem with the camera refusing to show the upper levels of a building if you have a soldier behind it, making upstairs aliens untargetable in some circumstances.
- GJ has rebalanced some of the AI to prevent a bit of the passivity encountered within UFOs.
- Removed a loading screen tip about the "safety in numbers" bonus which no longer appears.
- Harridan Elite now has the proper hover idle animations.
- Psionic attack sound made a little quieter.
- Final mission doors are now correctly destructible.
- Blowing up a Reaper Zombie with a vehicle cannon no longer spawns two Reapers, the second of which is invulnerable.
- Soldiers no longer grab their default Rifleman-role gear as soon as they are hired, three days before they actually arrive at base. In some cases, this led people to think they had "lost" manufactured items.
- TU reserve slider now resets correctly if you switch weapons.
- You can no longer abuse the TU Reserve slider to hit enemies with stun batons from the other side of the screen.
- Game no longer crashes when you send an empty dropship to an alien base
- Game no longer crashes if you build a base on top of a city and then try to relocate a plane there.
- Fixed an AI "freeze" when a unit is killed with a grenade just before it attempts to reaction fire.
This build is more likely to be unstable than previous ones, hence it getting an extended stay on the Experimental branch before we push it out everywhere else. Please give it a test.
Modders: We've updated aiprops.xml, gc_loadingtips.xml, sounds_gc.xml. Also possibly check strings.xml to see if it has been updated for you.