[V1.06] Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

Skitso

Yegmp72.jpg

Over 2000 downloads already! :o

--

"These are wonderful maps Skitso and solve the only real problem I had with this excellent game." - Mustang Shooting Stars

"This map pack is amazing!! Really improves my experience." -b0lib0jang

"Terrific, grab the maps people, real deal" -gdlat

"Great work and an impressive high quality, as always!" -Giovanni

"Parking Hall, I like this one!" -Chris

"I think ur nick or name should be mentioned in the credites somehow for the effort u made for this game." -radek

"Nice work!" -Chris

"That flea market looks really good." -Ol'Stinky

"They look awesome!" -kabill

"Your the best one making maps o.o" -Tactical Dragon

"That's effort beyond comprehension, mate." -KevinHann

"Damn, this is very awesome! Great work!" -Anderty

"Good stuff!!" -frank_walls

--

The pack contains 50 completely new and high quality maps for desert, industrial, farm and middle east tile sets. The pack contains some of the vanilla maps too as I've made some slight modifications to their ufo division to minimize chance of dublicate maps.

The maps include lots of custom buildings and other props, random elements and multiple spawn point variations. I've also added new forest tiles (farm tileset) and highway tiles (industrial) and used them in several random maps to give some additional variation in those tilesets.

All vanilla farm maps have also been more or less redone as I have always thought they are not quite up to standard and they also now contain forests to some degree. This pack also includes improved tree stumps as the vanilla versios are ugly.

Compatibility:

This pack is 100% compatible with final release of Xenonauts. Also compatible with FitH and other major mods and is designed in a way you can overwrite everything when installing. Some of these maps have already been approved by GoldHawk's project lead, Chris, and added officially in the game, but this pack has the definitive versions of them.

VAXRlmt.jpg

5TqiOQc.jpg

hm6Ui3u.jpg

d8RJDQ1.jpg

WifRSbx.jpg

BqNrqub.jpg

gw6hexv.jpg

VgkuOaZ.jpg

prD2HqB.jpg

oTk5L6F.jpg

Zfs4TC6.jpg

3rBnGCv.jpg

sQMBwTu.jpg

bsnC34U.jpg

6U3rkZt.jpg

rabWRyc.jpg

bgPeqE7.jpg

cvQB8lv.jpg

How to get it:

>DOWNLOAD HERE<

Installation:

• Download the map pack
  • Head to your Xenonauts install directory
  • Backup everything in case something goes wrong. (Or for some bizzarre reason would like to play the game without this pack :))
  • Copy the content of the zip into the /assets/ folder in the Xenonauts directory overwriting everything.
  • Play the game!
Edited by Skitso

Hello and thanks for the mod! I installed it yesterday and already had some new maps. But now I have a map which has some invisible tiles on it. (Gamewise they are there, blocks movement and gives cover but the graphics do not appear.) I believe the map is from this mod? I took a screenshot and marked some of the places with red: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76806030/tiles.jpg

so, small trouble shooting question, i am having some maps turn up as solid black or with chucks of maps that are that way they are not able to be walked over as if they where the edge of the map, but they don't block either vision or weapons fire, as far as i know i only have your map pack so i can rule out conflicting mods at least, however i think i may have shot my self in the foot, as i dropped your maps into each file by sub group instead of taking the entire maps folder i put farms with farm, industrial with industrial etc.. and did not make any back ups because i am just that cocky ( or stupid ) if it helps the maps that showed up with big black spots where both light scouts at night

anyways i am also coming off of beta to final build via steam so going to validate, and all that jazz, so this might 100% be unrelated to your maps and its just my install that is in need of some TLC( will edit in if i find out for sure as i don't think i can delete a post either(done) )

ok, so validated and added a screen shots, it does appear to be the maps, as i think i have every thing else coming up as clean install, if no one else is having any issues even remotely like mine let me know and i will do a fresh install, small note 3rd times the charm on it being a night mission and yes i am that bad a timing my drop ship

full black.jpg

black line.jpg

just to confirm a fresh install has resolved the black lines, also loving the new maps so far

black line.jpg

full black.jpg

577e7cfb756b2_blackline.thumb.jpg.fc5c97

577e7cfb7bae1_fullblack.thumb.jpg.06bfaf

Edited by quiescat
added findings

Hey Quiesat, I installed the map pack to a clean, just installed Xenonauts folder and tested that map several times, night and day: Seems to work fine here.

It seems like you've messed something at installation and maybe not installed some of the folders included in the pack (probably /tiles/). What I suggest you to do do now, is delete the whole Xenonauts installation folder manually, then uninstall it from Steam and after that reinstall the game. After that, when Installing this map pack again, be sure to copy all folders as they are, maintain the file structure and overwrite everything.

Edited by Skitso

Been wondering if there is something like this and BAM! Great work.

I did want to say though, I loaded in a mission and everything was white and no textures, I alt tabbed to see read this thread and when I alt tabbed back in to do a screenshot it was already fixed. If I see it again I will take a screenie straight away!

Edit: It happened again and I had a white area where a UFO was supposed to be. Taking a screenshot resulted in the game crashing with a runtime error.

Edited by Jinxedster