[v1.5/X:CE] Fire in the Hole! Destructible UFO Hulls (v1.3.3)

kabill

Got more bad news about the carrier UFO. Got my soldier stuck inside a wall. Was trying to blow up the ramp - It didn't get destroyed and if I land on the doorstep above the doors (or whatever you call it), the soldier gets stuck inside UFO wall. Did I drop the charge on right elevation? (that read ramp sort on 3rd level?

Using similar technique I was able to pass the blowy wall and enter the last room through "solid" wall. I don't know if it has to do with that buggy UFO design.

Just make camera on level 4 (I think it was level 4) and just double click inside that room. The pathing should allow you to enter the UFO without blowing the right part.

I hope you will get time soon, to fix those issues.

mpc-hc 2014-10-05 17-42-16-85.jpg

mpc-hc 2014-10-05 17-42-16-85.jpg

577e7d28b256e_mpc-hc2014-10-0517-42-16-8

Edited by silencer

Using similar technique I was able to pass the blowy wall and enter the last room through "solid" wall. I don't know if it has to do with that buggy UFO design.

Just make camera on level 4 (I think it was level 4) and just double click inside that room. The pathing should allow you to enter the UFO without blowing the right part.

I hope you will get time soon, to fix those issues.

My final submission deadline for my thesis is Tuesday, after which Crazy Work Time will stop. Don't know when I'll get round to looking at this, though. Might be a job for next weekend as I'll need to redo all the maps.

I begin to wonder if Sentinel/Buzzard armours are bugged when it comes to descending into solid objects. At one instance I could land inside hedge, on second instance I could drop down through Battleship top or enter through solid walls. Wonder can someone confirm this using plain vanilla and not using this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm having a bit of trouble getting two of your mods to work. FitH and ECS. I'm downloaded the CE versions and cannot get either to work it seems. I've chucked so many C4 and plasma C4 at sides of UFOs to try and breach and nothing seems to work. Also I never got to research or build or use your breeching mods.

Are these mods no longer compatible with the CE? It says they've been installed successfully but nothing happens. Your Dynamic UFO Spawn worked fine through CE but these two have not. =(

I also use FitH and ECS together, and FitH was installed like XNT instructs, and everything works. But not always :-(

Sometimes the charge can't break the wall though it's obvious I'm placing it correctly. On the screenshot I've tried to put the charge in two more spots - next to where it lies in both directions (same for the other side of ufo):

breach bug.jpg

not sure, but looks like this happens when I'm control-aiming the hull and the weak spots are not highlighted (the screenshot does not show this)

breach bug.jpg

577e7d2c4e03a_breachbug.thumb.jpg.9c3c2b

You shouldn't be running FitH and ECS together. FitH already does everything that ECS does, but has destructible UFOs as well. So just try running FitH by itself and it should be fine.

(I thought this was clear in the OP, but apparently not. I'll add it.)

• 2 weeks later...

Update! A new version has been uploaded. Also, the mod will shortly be available via Steam Workshop.

Change Log:

- Fixed: Various issues with the Carrier (including a LoS bug and some graphical glitches)

- Fixed: Missing floor tile on the roof of the Battleship.

- Balance Change: Breaching Charges can now be used by soldiers in Predator Armour.

Testing on v1.52, for whatever reason the game seems to block LoS completely with soldiers who have landed on a UFO roof. Not sure why this is and I don't think I can fix it short of removing the ability to land on roofs entirely. I'm uncertain about whether I'm going to do this or not. Shall see.

• 2 weeks later...
Might have just been me but you might want to verify the file you have on download. (either that or my download corrupted)

The weapons.xml file was empty apart from the two items you have added in...

So yeah no weapons on the soldiers and CTD..

Thanks

Mike

That's working as intended. The mod works through the modular modding system and should be installed in the assets/mods folder. You also need to be using the community edition mod or else the v1.52 experimental branch. (If you're still running v1.09 you can use the other download in the OP).

Hello!

I wanted to ask about the flamethrower fire mode change after installing FiTH.

I use the Xenonauts Community Edition Branch with Into Darkness 6.0 Hellgate, when i install FiTH it seems to change the way the flamethrower sprays? (And it doesn't do any damage) instead of 3x3 aoe tiles on impact with a straight cone of fire, it shoots in sort of triangular 30-45 degrees burst?

When i uninstalled FiTH it went back to the 3x3 aoe straight cone fire.

Couldn't find anything on the subject.

Is that intended? am i doing something wrong? i wonder..

Edited by Gaudium