[1.06] End game Preator door is closed and not destroyable.

With the 1.6 update on my second play through I noticed a new ugly bug. The Preator room door (and the way to the exit is closed). I throw grenades and rockets at it, all soldiers shoot at it, and the door wont break. Of course, just tried to open it, and that didn't work either. This seems like a serious bug, or is there something I'm missing.

My first game I was just able to walk into the room and kill the Preator, and walk our in the room behind him. With the reapers nipping at my tail.

Also note I already destroyed the 2 generators.

maybe.sav

maybe.sav

maybe.sav

Edited by ender101

I have the same one... Got a great team which went in, separated and managed to destroy the reactors. One vortex cannon in the middle of the final room, and boom! Almost every alien dead. Then a quick mop up and to open the door with only a one casualty and feeling great... And door not OPENING! :mad: How freaking nice! too bad it's on the IRONMAN!!! :mad:

Will I still win the game if I let my ppl die?

edit. To answer my self, no you don't, even if I remember that being a option if you don't have time to destroy the generators. I decided to go Vasquez - Gorman way and threw a couple of grenades to my now remaining soldiers feet when the reapers approached and at least RP it the way that there was something wrong with the door and my soldiers were doomed. But no, of course even that would not work and mission failed and Game Over screen... jeesus f**ck! :mad:

Edited by HeVeNy

Hmm does that mean I'll have to downgrade to 1.0 when I reach the final mission to complete the game? Does it always happen in 1.06?

I think it's only if the door is damaged/destroyed, from my experience; the 'destroyed' version of the door is actually a solid door that cannot be passed. So if you don't fire big AoE weapons into the final room you can avoid it.