Craft & Vehicle Weapons

It'd be nice to know the damage value of the later vehicle (pulse laser and other) weapons, as well as the later craft weapons (from upgraded canons to upgraded missiles). The Xenopedia mentions how much damage the original stuff does, but not the later.

I had the same question a little while ago. Someone kindly pointed out that you can find the info for craft weapons in a file called aircraftweapons.xml in the assets folder of your game directory. I imagine there's a similar file for vehicle weapons.

I agree that it would be nice to have that info in the Xenopaedia though.

• 4 months later...

from my experience:

too much. that's how much damage they do!

I think someone mixed up "pulse laser" with "nuclear torpedo". Are lasers supposed to do area damage??

ever try the scimitar tank? it annihilates... everything. It's like a rocket launcher on steroids.

used one to punch a "hole" through the back door of a crashed corvette, as I normally would with a heavy weapon....

destroyed the entire thing. not kidding. the entire inside of the ship was annihilated in fire.

is there any way to turn off the area effect damage, or at least reduce it to say 2x2 instead of what looks like 5x5?

Edited by Ichthyic

from my experience:

too much. that's how much damage they do!

I think someone mixed up "pulse laser" with "nuclear torpedo". Are lasers supposed to do area damage??

ever try the scimitar tank? it annihilates... everything. It's like a rocket launcher on steroids.

used one to punch a "hole" through the back door of a crashed corvette, as I normally would with a heavy weapon....

destroyed the entire thing. not kidding. the entire inside of the ship was annihilated in fire.

is there any way to turn off the area effect damage, or at least reduce it to say 2x2 instead of what looks like 5x5?

This is the exact reason I replaced my Rocket guy with a hunter scout car with pulse laser. By far superior to the rockets (at least at the alienium explosive level). Not only can it move quite far and still shoot but it can do 2 shots in one turn if it doesn't move very far.