The Thread to Start Throwing Ideas At Solver

As Solver is now the new game dev, it is our sworn duty as fans of the game to bother him with every pet peeve and piece of backseat coding advice we can think of. Go forth and use caps lock brothers.

Allow me to begin,

MACHINE GUNS SHOULD NOT BE SO EASY TO SUPPRESS. INVENT AN ENTIRELY NEW WAY OF HANDLING SUPPRESSION SPECIFICALLY TO ADDRESS MY ONE COMPLAINT.

VEHICLES ARE OCCASIONALLY BLOCKED FROM EXITING THE DROPSHIP. DISCOVER WHY AND FIX IT.

Edited by Irishguy117

Just a trivial thing, can you make it so using the quick reload will drop the current magazine on the ground, instead of vanishing into thin air. Just something that bugs me, because manual reload puts the spent magazine automatically in your pack. Plus it would look cool seeing spent magazines everywhere. The ground images for ammo will need to be made, but that's easy enough to do for anyone with Photoshop.

Intention:

Create a plasma weapon that at least borderline resembles an actual plasma weapon.

The plasma blob supposedly cools while airborne so damage is reduced by distance.

If impacting on something, it transfers the heat and has a damage over time effect for 1-2 turns after.

Mechanics proposal:

Adjustable damage falloff over adjustable distance.

Damage over time component with adjustable % of initial impact damage and duration. Can be linear - no need to overcomplicate it.

Just need to adjust the spectres for that.

You can change them to act like a door so you can open and close them with the right mouse button and set the open version to vaultable to go through them like you go over low fences.

I'd be tempted to have a look at adding passable windows to my windows-fix mod. Don't know how good it would look, but it would be worth experimenting with.

Aside from the wonky LoS/LoF and passive AI, which are biggest issues right now in my opinion, here are some quality of life improvements I'd like:

-Ability to re-order soldiers, both in the soldier list and dropship

-On dropship screen, display class icons (and perhaps portraits) instead of the generic soldier icon

-Allow soldiers to be swapped on the dropship screen by dragging them onto one another

-Ability to transfer scientists/engineers between bases

-Ability to assign a class on the soldier screen

-Grenades are difficult to see; perhaps make them bigger and slow down the throwing animation

Could you re-enable the ability to have an actual, destroyable transport aircraft when transporting things from one base to another. I always thought it was cool you had to protect it.

I also found it fun but how could you protect it at all, especially early game? :)

WIRE CUTTERS.

I am an elite commando. I DO NOT WALK AROUND WIRE FENCES.

It's undignified. Sheesh.

This. I had to use the direct approach method yesterday and use my bazooka to make an entrance. RIP to the security guard on the other side =(