The Thread to Start Throwing Ideas At Solver

Steel Talons FTW!

Theres an idea. Solver, you must put the Mammoth Mk2 in the game. For balance reasons. I'm sure the valkyrie can hold one.

Seconding this!

It's an apostasy that the game doesn't have 1. :mad:

I'm standing by the words "There is no kill like OVERKILL." :cool:

Actually, you are right. Adding a selection of melee weapons (combat knives/light sabres) is a perfect solution.

If melee weapons were added you could just 'cut' the fences rather than using wire cutters and it's a cool option to have if you ever come face to face with an alien or have run out of ammo etc.

It's also an interesting possibility to have an honourable Xenonaut who rejects the idea of guns etc and will only fight with his 'lightsabre'. Some kind of a samurai/viking/beserker/Jedi.

Imagine playing Xenonaughts (Ironman/Insane difficulty) ONLY using swords to defeat the aliens... possible? The original Rebelstar from the 80s - the earliest turn-based predecessor to Xcom - did actually have a 'laser sword', that some of the troops were equipped with, out of interest.

Back in days of old, the ground combat artwork for UFO's had not been completed, but buildings had been. In order to simulate a UFO with the available assets, a particular building was nominated as actually being a UFO. Thus was the Evil Shed born.

Back in days of old, the ground combat artwork for UFO's had not been completed, but buildings had been. In order to simulate a UFO with the available assets, a particular building was nominated as actually being a UFO. Thus was the Evil Shed born.

Holy balls that's awesome. The deepest lore.

I put these in the wrong thread and got no traction, so now I've found the right thread. Here it goes.

Hey Solver, is it possible to:

1. Enable tooltips for items in Xenonauts inventory when they're on a mission, identical to the item tooltips when outfitting soldiers in the base?

2. Can you add a way to remap the hotkey number a given xenonaut is assigned to in a dropship? Currently, the only way to do this is un-assign all the soldiers and reassigning them in the desired order. For example, iff you could change the game so that CTL+# when the mouse is over a given Xenonaut in the dropship crew layout reassigns them to #, it would be really useful. I'm not the first to ask about this.

3. Could you change how medpacks interact with downed Xenonauts? Just preventing us from being able to use medpacks a soldier that has dropped would be helpful (or increasing the likelihood they survive, but that changes game balance..).
Edited by agris

Because I'm fairly sure it's not possible right now:

To go with armours being able to alter stats, armours being able to alter the accuracy of being shot at.

i.e. setting the scimitar armour_gc entry to +25% accuracy so shots against it are more accurate due to it being a huge frigging target.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, some kind of notification as to whether a downed xenonaut is dead or dying that happens BEFORE the end of the mission would be nice.

Edited by Fucille