[MOD] Projectiles images Replacement.

lightgemini

Hi there :D After quite some time I noticed Xenonauts is finally final release! So I though its time to get my lazy *** back here and resume work.

This is an update for the (ancient) Projectiles test. http://http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5205-Projectiles-images-replacement-test

Nothing new really, just little version update for latest game version.

Mod:https://www.dropbox.com/s/neppahvnx6y8t71/Shots%20replacement%20mod.zip

V0.9

-Updated for final release game version.

To install copy the "projectiles" folder and the "vehicleweapons_gc" file to the assets folder inside Xenonauts main. Use the "backup" folder to get back to vanilla files, or better yet make your own backup.

***Compatibility with other mods ***

If you want to use the new tank plasma cannon, any mod that edits "vehicleweapons_gc.xml" is incompatible as this mod will revert tank weapons to vanilla or the other mod will undo the new shot image. Mods that rebalances weapons will surely edit it.

To merge this mod with other mod, just follow simple steps:

1-Install the desired mod/mods you want to use.

2-Install my Test Shots mod but Dont install the file "vehicleweapons_gc.xml"

3-Open "vehicleweapons_gc.xml" with notepad or whatever you like and look for the following entry:

<Weapon name="VV.PLASMABOLT" bulletType="rocket" emptySound="audio/sfx/emptygun.ogg">

<props range="20" clipSize="10" />

<SingleShot sound="Vehicle Weapon Plasma Single" delay="1" suppressionValue="80" suppressionRadius="4" disableDamageScaling="1">

<Set1 ap="20" accuracy="40" />

<Set2 ap="40" accuracy="90" />

</SingleShot>

<GUIImage name="weapons/vehicle/plasma.png"/>

<GroundImage name="grounditemimages/assault_rifle.png"/>

<Ammos>

<Ammo name="default" type="incendiary" damage="160" mitigation="0" isOverdamage="1">

<Projectile spectre="projectiles/alienplasma/alienplasma" speed="1600"/>

<Impact spectre="particles/plasmaexplosion/plasmaexplosion" radius="3" sound="Weapon Plasma Grenade" smokeChance="30" gasType="GrenadeFragSmoke" />

</Ammo>

</Ammos>

</Weapon>

4-Replace the highlighted line above with <Projectile spectre="projectiles/heavyplasma/heavyplasma" speed="1600"/> This will redirect the game to the new image.

5-Save and you are ready to go.

MAG weaponry is still pending, and will be added in future updates. The mod should remain compatible will future game versions unless changes are made to the files this mod uses. I will keep an eye and update as needed.

Note I noticed the alien plasma weapons use now the same image, wich was the pistol one back then. I will swap it with the "green-blue" the mod used. I dont really like this change, I may upscale the scope of the mod and make different images for each alien weapon "family". Pistols shots should look puny compared to a battle rifle shot, and so on.

Edited by lightgemini

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...