Xtended Soldiers Backgrounds

Pinetree

Here's Hoping for the end of Page 5 - Just for fun. •The first black-led government of Rhodesia in 90 years takes power on June 1st and the countries name is changed to Zimbabwe - That happened in 1979... lol (Random Google searches are fun)

According to Wikipedia, the name change happened in 1980. One of the reasons I still want Rhodesia in on this mod ;)

Hey all, I've been away for a while. I've started a new job, which is split shifts, and I've had to do a ton of training so haven't had much time to myself. We're still not at page 5 yet but we're close (hint: my forum settings are set to the maximum posts per page);). I won't make an update until the Steam version comes out as I've given up on Desura. I also can't afford to download 6 gigs every couple of weeks as we need the bandwidth so the kids can watch cartoons on youtube. :D

I was thinking that, as per page 1, that Iceland would be the best choice to have in there. It represents increased presence around the crash zone/ containment area and would also be a nice nod for other soldiers to have had experience in the area. Particularly Xenonauts starting troops.

Glad you like it. :) The next major update is going to include some new nations. So far I've done North & South Korea and Rhodesia (Yep, you guys have convinced me :D). I'm planning on adding: Israel, Egypt, China, Sweden, South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, and maybe a couple of others. I'll update the mod tonight for 18.51 and then the next update after that will include the new nations. Oh and keep thinking about a new nation to add as I still haven't reached page 5 :D

Edited by Pinetree

My post doesn't count (Yeah, I know I said first post but I didn't think it would be me, also it's my competition and I'll change the rules if I want to :P) so we have a winner! thothkins, do you want Iceland?Otherwise pick a country and I'll put it in...

If they haven't been mentioned yet, any chance of South Korea, China, and Taiwan to the list? Additionally, Finland and Switzerland as well (yes, both are traditionally neutral, but I think they'd make an exception for extraterrestrials). Oh, and if not listed somewhere in the thread as well, Argentina and Libya would make for interesting additions. Ireland too, since I almost forgot.

I know several, perhaps even all, of these have been listed already, but I do think they bear repeating all the same.

Hi! I'm now accepting bribes for a country you'd like to see in the game. Usual rates. Just PM me and....shhh Pinetree's back... shhhhhh. no, you shhhh...

Pinetree! Hi!....

One quick look at countries of the world circa 1979 list later tells me that I don't ever remember seeing Greenland's flag before.

I like the idea of Iceland being a bit perked up militarily as a result of the large crater that scientist spend a considerable amount of time looking over following the Incident. So, yes please.

If they haven't been mentioned yet, any chance of South Korea, China, and Taiwan to the list? Additionally, Finland and Switzerland as well (yes, both are traditionally neutral, but I think they'd make an exception for extraterrestrials). Oh, and if not listed somewhere in the thread as well, Argentina and Libya would make for interesting additions. Ireland too, since I almost forgot.

I know several, perhaps even all, of these have been listed already, but I do think they bear repeating all the same.

South Korea and China are in,I've got Argentina on the list and I'll add Finland, Switzerland and Ireland to the list. Nice ones!

Hi! I'm now accepting bribes for a country you'd like to see in the game. Usual rates. Just PM me and....shhh Pinetree's back... shhhhhh. no, you shhhh...

Pinetree! Hi!....

One quick look at countries of the world circa 1979 list later tells me that I don't ever remember seeing Greenland's flag before.

I like the idea of Iceland being a bit perked up militarily as a result of the large crater that scientist spend a considerable amount of time looking over following the Incident. So, yes please.

If I recall, Greenland is/was administered by Denmark. I have the Sirius Snow Patrol, a LRRP unit that patrols Greenland as one of the available units for the Danes so I think that's covered.

Iceland it is! Looking at their available units in 1979, I'm going to have to fudge it, but having that bloody great crater in their landscape for 20 years they would definitely do something..

I think that once there was absolutely nothing forthcoming from the crater, the superpowers just came to an agreement to train up some locals as caretakers.

Little did they know.. the radiation would leak out into the community eventually giving us Bjork!

[video=youtube;CyM5wow-hUk]

I'm impressed by the amount of work put into this :D Looking forward to using this when I'll be playing through the game (still holding off for a bit more fully featured/stable version of the game before putting serious time into it)

Can't wait to get some fellow Swedish rookies to send on kamikaze missions when that gets added :)