Xtended Soldiers Backgrounds

Pinetree

Jeeze... Trying to find info on when canadians military actions is hard... We barly have any xD Here is what I got.

Canadian Airborne Regiment:

Cyprus 1974

October Crisis 1970

Royal Canadian Regiment:

October Crisis 1970

Cyprus 1974

West Germany 1955–57, 1962–65, 1953–55, 1965–70, 1977–84, 1988–93

Royal 22e Regiment:

West Germany 1967-1993.

Thanks for your input. :) I've already got Cyprus in there, I had to google the October crisis and I cant really count it as a combat action.

• 1 month later...
The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan kicked off Dec 1979 so with the game starting before that no one would have Afghanistan as combat experience.

Yeah, I thought that too originally but after some research , I made the Afghan experience in my mod represent the soldiers being advisors to the afghan army in the civil war leading up to the invasion.

Edited by Pinetree

• 1 month later...

How about some south american names?

Most conflicts there where against guerrillas or civil wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_South_America)

Argentina

Grupo de Operaciones Especiales (Special Operations Group)

Agrupacion de Buzos Tacticos (Tactical Divers Group)

Brazil

Grupamento de Mergulhadores de Combate (Combat Diver Grouping)

COMANF Comandos Anfíbios (Amphibious Commandos)

Chile

Comandos de Aviación (Aviation comandos)

1er Batallon de Paracaidistas "Pelantaru" (1st Parachute Battalion "Pelantaru")

i can help you with the names, most first names in spanish are similar. (only brazilian names and sournames will be missing)

If you can put together a list of Israeli first and last names, along with some 70's regiments and combat experience, then I am sure Pinetree will look over them and see about adding them to his mod when he gets a chance.

You can add them to this:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/749-v8-61-Israeli-Soldiers-%28Need-Help-With-Names%29

Edited by Gauddlike

I thought I'd just let everyone know, I'm working on an update to add female names which may take a few days. I'm not looking forward to adding the "a" to those russian surnames :D....

Maybe you can help you with names and surnames that I inserted in the female model.

If you need a hand ... let me know;)

I really liked your previous release.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while but I've finally managed to get around to updating the mod, I've now included female names for all the countries I've added so far.Once I've downloaded v13, I'll release the update.

Oh, and thanks for the offers of help fellas, I'd just finished compiling the update then saw your offers, I'll see about adding more nationalities next time.

Hey can you add Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, South Africa, and Angola. I don't know much about the Angolan (MPLA/UNITA) but for the Rhodesian I know they were engaged in the Bush Wars for prior conflicts and Rhodesia still exists (albeit as Zimbabwe Rhodesia) by the time of the game. The divisions I know for these countries are

Rhodesia

1st Battalion Rhodesian Light Infantry (1RLI)

Rhodesian Special Air Services (SAS)

Rhodesian African Rifles

Grey's Scout

South Africa

44 Parachute Brigade

32 Battalion

Koevoet

Conflicts

Angolan Bush War (South African Border War)

Angolan Civil War

For names I think you can just reused the British names for the Rhodesians and for the South Africans mix the British and the Dutch names together since Afrikaans and Dutch are practically the same language.

Denmark and Norway, but no Sweden? What is this heresy?! We do have one of the toughest educations for conscripted soldiers world wide in the Parachute Rangers. Not sure how that looked back during the cold war, but hey.

No offense. In all seriousness, this looks like it has taken some good effort and research. Thumbs up for hard work, and I'll give this a shot tomorrow!

With V14 coming out tomorrow, I've decided to wait until then. I've tested the new female soldiers file with 13.2 and it's all good so it shouldn't take too long to update it to V14.

Hey can you add Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, South Africa, and Angola. I don't know much about the Angolan (MPLA/UNITA) but for the Rhodesian I know they were engaged in the Bush Wars for prior conflicts and Rhodesia still exists (albeit as Zimbabwe Rhodesia) by the time of the game. The divisions I know for these countries are

Rhodesia

1st Battalion Rhodesian Light Infantry (1RLI)

Rhodesian Special Air Services (SAS)

Rhodesian African Rifles

Grey's Scout

South Africa

44 Parachute Brigade

32 Battalion

Koevoet

Conflicts

Angolan Bush War (South African Border War)

Angolan Civil War

For names I think you can just reused the British names for the Rhodesians and for the South Africans mix the British and the Dutch names together since Afrikaans and Dutch are practically the same language.

I got asked to add Rhodesia and South Africa earlier in the thread, and my answer then was :

My line of thinking is that Xenonauts is mainly a Nato / Warsaw Pact organisation with Aus / NZ being strong allies of Nato so I added them. (Actually with this train of thought, maybe I could add Vietnamese and Cubans as they were strong allies of the Soviets) I thought about adding Rhodesia and South Africa but Rhodesia was an unrecognised state that had been turned into Zimbabwe by 1979 and South Africa was a pariah state by then due to it's apartheid policies so I'm not sure how they'd fit in.

I may go and some more nations at some point, the Koreas come to mind, but at the moment I'm happy with what is there.

Swe_Raccoon, none taken!:D and thanks.

V14 is tomorrow? Might just have to put this on hold until then if that's the case.

On a more serious note on Swedish soldiers and combat experience (should you have any interest of implementing them). Swedish soldiers were involved in combat during the Congo Crisis in 1960 to 1965. 19 soldiers were killed and about 40 were wounded, so it's not exactly Vietnam-scale. This was a UN mandate however, so these men would have been from all over the place as far as regiments go as conscription was still in effect at that time. We weren't pretty friendly with either NATO or the Warsaw Pact though.

Come to think of it, and going very off topic, I met a veteran of the Congo Crisis during my time in the army and chatted with him for a bit. It was a humbling experience, of sorts.

I thought I'd just let everyone know, I'm working on an update to add female names which may take a few days. I'm not looking forward to adding the "a" to those russian surnames :D....

AFAIK, the "a" is customary, not mandatory. It's an old naming convention that some use... and some do not.

WRT units that "were not officially there", like russian advisers in Vietnam, how about blacking some of their service record?

An entry of "Confidential" or "File not available". Maybe a reference to something like "File D7891-8173 not available".

It fits with the whole cold war / spec ops theme. =)

"Top Secret" is overused besides being too blunt.

• 3 weeks later...
WRT units that "were not officially there", like russian advisers in Vietnam, how about blacking some of their service record?

An entry of "Confidential" or "File not available". Maybe a reference to something like "File D7891-8173 not available".

It fits with the whole cold war / spec ops theme. =)

"Top Secret" is overused besides being too blunt.

[REDACTED] is good.