Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

Bug Report: This has possibly been reported before but I can't seem to find it if it has. The health stat bonus for HP improves the soldier's maximum but not their current hp, meaning that they need to 'heal up' in order to get the benefit of it.

Feature Request: So far as I can tell, there's no way to rearrange the order of entries in .xm files using the modular mod system. Is there any possibility of adding a feature that would enable that? It matters when adding new items/research topics/whatever in as they populate in game based on their order in the file and it's therefore impossible to reorder things in a way that might be more sensible.

Actually, now I think about it there is a work-around - delete/disable the original entry and create a clone with a slightly different name. It's not ideal, but it's sufficient in the absence of anything else.

So far as I can tell, there's no way to rearrange the order of entries in .xm files using the modular mod system. Is there any possibility of adding a feature that would enable that? It matters when adding new items/research topics/whatever in as they populate in game based on their order in the file and it's therefore impossible to reorder things in a way that might be more sensible.

Please give a specific example of where this matters.

Please give a specific example of where this matters.

Adding in new armour. In the mod I'm working on, I add in a number of additional armour types in each class. However, since all the new armours are added to the end of the list, they don't group together in terms of their class. So you have, for example, the original wolf armour in between jackal and buzzard as usual, but then all of the wolf-derived armours that I've added in end up at the end. It's not a major issue, for sure, but its easier to find the thing you want if they're in a proper order (especially when you have 15 different armour types and the text is so tiny!).

A similar point can be made about weapons, too. If someone wanted to add in a new pistol, for example, it would stack at the bottom of the list while it would make more sense to be inserted with other pistol-type weapons in that class.

Though less significantly, it could be useful for research and manufacturing lists as well to keep techs on a similar theme together and have manufacturing ordered in terms of incrementing tech level.

As I've said already, the situation at the moment is hardly game-breaking. But being able to order items would add a bit of polish and make mods a bit more user-friendly.

Bug Report: This has possibly been reported before but I can't seem to find it if it has. The health stat bonus for HP improves the soldier's maximum but not their current hp, meaning that they need to 'heal up' in order to get the benefit of it.

I think you cant heal up as well. Checked this for Wolf armor in mod that gives +10 HP, and only stats goes up but Hp stays the same in GC mision. Anyway i pm ed Solver 2 days ago about that, hope he can fix this.

I have a question: does the soldier that has been stunned bleed? While playing on XNT mod, I noted that soldiers that had been knocked out do not take any health damage despite having wounds.

Yes, I've fixed the game to do so for some X:CE version, don't remember which one. You should get the popup informing about bleeding.

its not working for 0.25 unless changed was made in o.26 or XNT team removed it.

What about soldier being imune to any explosives - including c4 blast, rockets, grenades- when stuned, is it fixable or has to be done by development team?

Edited by Alewalek

Hello, I wanted to bring this up since most of the problems stemming from the implementation of modular system seem to be stabilizing: do you intend to re-introduce the destruction penalty for the base defense missions? Even basic and simple system like straight financial loss for the amount of props destroyed would be acceptable. While temporarily preventing AI from doing these currently needless action was fine, it also revived the effectiveness of CC camping with force.

Hey there, I noticed you fixed the stunned guys bleeding.

I noticed something else though: While a soldier is under alien control, they do no bleed. I had a guy with 1 HP left, and a bleeding wound, taken over. He happily blasted away at my guys, when he would have died before I would have gotten to do anything with him. I guess it may just be an issue if timing - when the aliens get to use him.

Hmm.. actually I could imagine they guy lurching about. He would have collapsed, except the iron alien will is forcing his body to carry on.

Ok, actually, that is cool. No need to fix that.

I noticed something else though: While a soldier is under alien control, they do no bleed. I had a guy with 1 HP left, and a bleeding wound, taken over. He happily blasted away at my guys, when he would have died before I would have gotten to do anything with him. I guess it may just be an issue if timing - when the aliens get to use him.

Right, I know. Soldiers didn't bleed before when mind controlled either, but it's maybe a bit more visible now. I still disallowed them bleeding on purpose though, because otherwise there'd be a strange situation where the alien-controlled soldier bleeds out, yet the next turn your soldier gets restored alive. I will fix this later more elegantly if I have the opportunity, but that is not really a major concern.

Hey! I had a suggestion. Something that I would like very much for myself and I think other people too.

It's possible to create something more like a half-ironman mode? I mean, lets suppose that after every X turns the game auto-saves in combat, or maybe you can save a limited amount of times. You can reload those at any time.

Ever since I startet to play Xenonauts the game crashes from time to time. Sometimes is a vanilla problem, a mod problem or, maybe, CE problem. This crashes always prevented me from playing ironman mode, plus I'm not that hardcore and if I screw things very much I would like to reload and try again... but by being able to save at any time feels like cheating and, some times, I reload more than I would like and I spoil my own challenge.

Hi all,

i have a small sugestion i would love to see implemented.

Is it possible to introduce modular speed for GC like in the original game? After some playthrough i find the movement in GC really slow and i would like to play in a quicker version.

If possible being able to modify soldiers speed, alien speed and bullets speed would be awesome.

Thanks for your work

• 2 weeks later...

With the vault-able windows, should maybe Predator Armour walk over it, just like normal wall cover? Also I've found some doors are being destroyed by predator armour (even when opened) and some doors simply open and soldier moves through like he was wearing normal armour. I don't know should you do something about it or leave it be like it is. But I find it strange no to be consistent.

With the vault-able windows, should maybe Predator Armour walk over it, just like normal wall cover? Also I've found some doors are being destroyed by predator armour (even when opened) and some doors simply open and soldier moves through like he was wearing normal armour. I don't know should you do something about it or leave it be like it is. But I find it strange no to be consistent.

The issue with the doors is probably just spectres being set up wrong. Easy to fix, aside from the effort of finding all the files.

Yes I know, but why the doors should be destroyed if they are opened? And some doors don't get destroyed. Also while moving through closed doors, they are getting opened then destroyed. If they will be destroyed why the Xenonaut politely opens the door and then rams through them :)