Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

Hi Solver

I'm testing latest 5.3 XNT:ID for the team and have this game breaking bug (which I know you are aware of).

It's the Charlie not returning to base bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf8n4sgx9bw5na0/Xenonauts%202014-07-13%2018-14-15-20.bmp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c7o8x4e0q7ff0g/Xenonauts%202014-07-13%2018-14-30-40.bmp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlbo1ygddyysoe4/Xenonauts%202014-07-13%2018-14-35-57.bmp

Sentelin has asked that I talk to you and if you have any questions for me...

Do you have a short/long term solution for me to test?

Thanks - GD

Yeh, everything seemed fine up until that save there. i had already transferred one foxtrot and a condor. The second foxtrot that is now stuck over central america was newly built as my chinook was on its way to a corvette crash site containing androns (first corvette crash and first time encountering androns too). When i got back to the geoscape both the foxtrot and the chinook were stuck in the air. Using return to base worked with the chinook but theres no option for the foxtrot.

Yeh, everything seemed fine up until that save there. i had already transferred one foxtrot and a condor. The second foxtrot that is now stuck over central america was newly built as my chinook was on its way to a corvette crash site containing androns (first corvette crash and first time encountering androns too). When i got back to the geoscape both the foxtrot and the chinook were stuck in the air. Using return to base worked with the chinook but theres no option for the foxtrot.

Yeah that option is not there for transferring planes, I am just still unsure as to how a plane even goes wrong in the first place.

The patch doesn't fix all the aircraft bugs. I downloaded it and still losing control of planes in the Geoscape, they stop following targets and then get stuck at the base when they run low on fuel. When you click on them , indicates they are returning to base but options to have them return are greyed out.

This happened right after they located an alien base.

This is my save:

[ATTACH]4958[/ATTACH]

BTW I also tried the Hotfix and it fixed one of the broken squadrons but not the one going to Jamaican base

messed up planes.sav

messed up planes.sav

Edited by Ragefury

Sorry guys, that one still has me confused. I know what the problem is, but can't figure out how it happens or how it got introduced into the game.

That save from you, Ragefury, doesn't even load for me but is actually providing some useful info!

Is that some Soviet mod? I'm seeing a Чебурашка plane in the save of unknown type su.

Edited by Solver

Hey Solver,

In case it's useful, here's another save with aircraft problems:

-shrike returing to base gets stuck a 0m

-squadron of 2 marauders gets stuck the same way at a different base

Had been playing quite happily with the new executable you posted, which had successfully fixed this game when it had a stuck Shrike earlier.

[ATTACH]4959[/ATTACH]

not landing.sav

not landing.sav

Hey Solver,

In case it's useful, here's another save with aircraft problems:

-shrike returing to base gets stuck a 0m

-squadron of 2 marauders gets stuck the same way at a different base

Had been playing quite happily with the new executable you posted, which had successfully fixed this game when it had a stuck Shrike earlier.

[ATTACH]4959[/ATTACH]

I was able to get your Shrike to land. The marauders are greyed out like my issue above, so couldn't get them to land.

Also on a side note, is it possible to increase the number of aliens that spawn in ground combat and increase the number of xenonauts you can field? I'd like to begin working on a more epic battle style mod. Where every fight has significant losses for both sides unless you ambush etc.

Is it possible to increase the number of planes from the 3 per side now? Would be nice to have some epic air combat encounters with 10+ bogeys. Would need to increase the amount of ammo on the cannons for longer dogfighting capability.

Sorry I didn't read through entire 50 page discusion, is there a FAQ page for the Community Edition? I'd like to know whether any of the CE changes will eventually be absorbed into the Vanilla edition (so that players that e.g. just download game from Steam and don't know/care to install mods can still get the benefit)

@Solver,

I suspect that the issue is the new store capacity, the issue seems to be when the aircraft enter again in the base try to be added as a item in the store, instead to be separated to the hangar spaces. In my version this is not happening, only reported to other players, I check saves of vanilla and XNT that have this problem.

Hellow, Solver!

Don't know if that asked before.

But it's possible to automaticaly take weapons stats (weapons.xml and weapons_gc.xml) and place it to the popups (solders inventory screen)?

Because modders who make changes to the weapons stats also need to change figures in the description and this is (how they say) is very madly/senselessly.

Tnx for the great work!

Hey Solver, I experienced the dropship not being able to land in base again today >.< Doesn't happen as often, but had to restart.

Edit - Happened again a few times, not sure why =/ Almost seems like the save is getting corrupted. I wouldnt know though. But I was able to reproduce this by starting a new game, downing a ufo, heading the dropship to it, and abandoning. Then I save, reload, and the dropship can not return to base.

Edited by Zealin

Also on a side note, is it possible to increase the number of aliens that spawn in ground combat

Yes, assets/ufocontents.

and increase the number of xenonauts you can field?

Not over 16, that's hardcoded. It's in my todo to lift this up though. However, you'd have UI limitations afterwards to sort out.

I'd like to begin working on a more epic battle style mod. Where every fight has significant losses for both sides unless you ambush etc.

I'd like that.

Is it possible to increase the number of planes from the 3 per side now?

The same like with soldiers basically.